Plan a Road Trip  
Where to Stay  
Ask a Question  Sign Up     Log In

a VirtualTourist member


Friend Employment status

Hi, does anyone know if my friend - who lives in Samarkand and is currently unemployed - has to be in employment in order to have a Letter of Invitation accepted by the Uzbek Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Thanks in advance for any possible help or info.

1 Answer

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Minsk

To the best of my knowledge, they do not need to be employed. However, i would think twice about asking your 'friend' to do this for you.

Firstly, it's a long process. Secondly, you will need to go to OVIR to register once you're there (hotels do this for you) Thirdly, in a country which is still shaking off its Soviet paranoia, any relations with foreigners could be used against your friend.

Go to NEW Uzbekistan questions, or browse older Uzbekistan travel answers

© 2018   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Travel Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Plan a Road Trip   ·   Plan a Flight   ·   Where to Stay   ·   Login

Search   ·   FAQ   ·   About Us   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy Policy   ·   Terms of Service