Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup
profile member asked on Aug 29, 2006

living in tonga

we were wondering what the laws are on moving to tonga? do u have to get a permit or what? do u just go there and stay there for as long as u like? Any info will be useful. thanks!


2 Answers

answered on 8/30/06 by
a VT member from Luxembourg

The question seems somewhat naive. Is there any country in the world with a functioning government which allows foreign nationals unrestricted access?

Visitors to Tonga are granted permission to stay for one month. Extensions up to three months are possible by applying to the Principal Immigration Officer. Any foreign national staying longer than six months will be required to take an AIDS test.

answered on 9/3/06 by
a VT member from Canberra

Indeed, a most extraordinary question.

Go to NEW Tonga questions

or browse older Tonga travel answers

Find answers:  

Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms