I am arriving in Tokyo Narita at around 8 AM, my apartment though won't be ready before 3 PM. What are my options to get a shower, change clothes in the mean time? The apartment is in the area around Okubo Station.
Thank you for your opinions.
does anyone know how much is a daily ticket for the musashino line tokyo japan please
I need urgent help. I am arriving at Haneda airport at 6am and will need to take a bus to the city to drop my things and then a train to Hakone. What time does the earlier limo bus start from Haneda? And how frequent?
Hi I would like to travel from Tokyo to Nagoya using shinkansen. I read the normal price if i was to buy on the spot is about 10,300 yen.
I read that i can get a cheaper one by
1) Buying from travel agent such as JTB a day before. How much discount can i get for a tourist? and is there any JTB or travel agent shop inside Tokyo station?
2) Buying from vending machine at Ticket shops. I just know the type of tickets available are limited. Is there any further info on this?
I hope you can advice me.
What would be a cool and safe area to have a nice not too expensive dinner and some drinks at a bar? Your recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
We are heading to Thailand next week and we have a layover in Tokyo of 2 days and a half. What suggestions do you have as far as MUST SEES? We will be staying at Sunroute Shinbanshi Hotel. Thanks for your help.
I'm planning on going to Japan in October and was wondering the average weather and temperature? What exciting things in autumn can one do in Tokyo?
hi, what clothes and shoes to pack for travel between april 30-may 5?
hi, how do we get from shinjuku to harumi?
we will be cruising on the Celebrity Millennium in October 2014.Has anybody done this trip?
Would like to know likely mix of nationalities. If crew would be English speaking.
What type of food to expect.Would really appreciate any comments, thanks
Tokyo is full of affordable places where you can have great food. I already have a long list, am looking for suggestions for Asakusa, Shibuya and Ginza (usually expensive). Any suggestions?
Do you know where to visit Christmas markets, look at Christmas decoration, and buy Christmas decorations such as lighting chains or Christmas trees in Tokyo ?
Hello, we're two tourists in tokyo. we want to go disneyland but for some reason we're almost out of money. is there any discount or free ticket for it? :(
is there any advantageous card of metro/jr for tourists?
i need a gsm operator to use for a month in japan. which one do you recommend?
we need two bicycle to rent for a month. we will stay in adachi-ku. anyone knows about the lowest and the highst price for renting? and is there any rental shops that you recommend?
I am feeling rather pre-intimidated by using the rail system in Tokyo. I am a seasoned traveller but somehow all the posts and questions and directions just on the rail system makes me want to avoid the technicality of using it.
If I want to go from Shinjuku to Ginza can I take a taxi ? Would that be an expensive ride or not? Also from Shinjuku to Roppongi at night I was thinking of using a taxi. If taxis are not that overly expensive then I might want to use them in lieu of the rail system. I am not a budget traveller so minor costs like this are OK.
I appreciate any advice that can be given.
hi what are the must-haves foods to eat in tokyo?
and what are the foods or sweets do you recommend to take-away to friends ?
My parents are visiting Tokyo next month and I'm hoping they will be able to purchase me some sandalwood fans (for my wedding) while they are there.
Does anyone have any hints for where they should go to get such a thing? I'm only looking for around 30 fans so not a huge quantity, but am hoping for the best price so maybe through some sort of wholesaler?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks
HI...below is my plan, will it works?
Day 1 : arrive at Haneda Airport at 23:30
- any tranport to Tokyo? or we need to stay around the airport?
Day 2 : going to Osaka and going to few tourist spots, overnight at Osaka
Day 3 : early morning go to Kyoto then back to Osaka. is it advisible for us to go straight to Tokyo?
Day 4 - Day 7 : Tokyo
Day 8 : half day Tokyo then check into airport, depart from Haneda at 1.30am.
Hi...6 of us all adults include my mom..is going to Tokyo & Osaka on end of July 2012. Below are some places that we would like to go and need V.T members advise which day to cover which area and any more places to add in. we will arrive at Haneda Airport at 11.30pm. We are in free & easy and budget travellers.Not going to buy any branded stuff, mostly just look around. we will have 4 full days in Tokyo
4) Tokyo Tower (i saw VT members advise not to go up because very costly so maybe just go to Tokyo Metropolitan Building)
5) Disneyland (we never been to Disneyland & it is impossible going to USA)
6) Mt. Fuji - my sister said there is a village near to Mt Fuji and can try the hot spring there. is it true?
I am heading to Tokyo with boyfriend in April - first time for both. We want to explore the city but also take an overnight trip to somewhere nice...and want to take one of the cool trains there. Any suggestions? Thanks much! Alla
Me and my wife are going to Japan on a 15 day trip to Tokyo (5 days) and Kyoto (10 days) with day-trips to Hiroshima, Himeji, Osaka, Nara and perhaps other locations. However, my questions are more related to some proper translations to how to ask directions, make seat reservations on the Shinkansen and stuff like that. Any help is welcome!
1. Upon arriving at Narita, I intend to take the Limousine Bus to my hotel. There is no stop in front of my hotel, but it is in Ginza, near Yurachiko station, one of the lines get close enough. How do I (a) ask for the proper bus ("I would like to go to Ginza area, near Yurachiko-station"), (b) ask the bus-driver or whoever I need to, to stop at said stop and (c) how I ask how my luggage will be handled (do the driver get the luggage off the trunk or something?)
2. How do I make reservations in the Shinkansen to the multiple trips I will make? I have JR-Pass 14-days GREEN. Can the hotel staff make the reservations for me? I will be with other 2 friends so I would like 4 seats closeby. The question would be "I would like to make reservations on the shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto for 4 people for day X time Y". I hear it's best to make reservations a couple of days early to guarantee the 4 seats together, even on Green car.
3. How do I handle luggage when using the shinkansen?
4. I hear that for JR-pass users, I will most likelly always use the manned ticket station for reserved and unreserved, is that true? even for Yamanote lines?
5. If I need a cab, how do I call one? just sign to a passing by one?
I have some limited spoken Japanese skills and can read hiragana/katakana.
Thankyou for your time and answers ^^ Please help this noob.
I am thinking of doing a 2-day layover in Tokyo, in large part because I want to experience the nightlife. However, I'll be going during the middle of the week - tuesday, wednesday, thursday. Is the nightlife good during the week, or is it more of a weekend town?
Completly miss the JR Rail pass history of "mail in" receipt. So we are taking off today and no pass. Any way i can just buy it online with a confirmation number intead of a mail in voucher?
Thank you! V
Any "Japanese experiences" (as opposed to sights) you can suggest? I want to experience the culture as much as possible. Will be in Tokyo and Kyoto.
Thank you all for your kind suggestions !
Ok, the weather forecast to Japan for the next two weeks are showing "isolated or scattered thunder storms", exactly when we plan on being there!
Can any of you please, please, explain a little more about the weather this time of the year? And what we should expect as far as rain goes?
Thank you you so much!
Any of you guys have been to Takayama?
Any thoughs for an overnight stay from Kyoto?
Worth it? Thanks!
Ok, guys, getting close to a plan here.
If i must choose two of this places to visit each ones you recommend?
Again, i only can have two. What should i visit? Assuming i would stay 3/4 days in Tokyo, and would like to see more of the contryside/ nature/ culture of Japan outside urban environment.
We are a mid 30 couple, living in California, so we are used to beach, nature and so forth. But we have to intention to explore hikes, trails. Ok with parks, and so but walking extra miles is not part of the intention of this trip.
Thank you! V
Wondering about the cost of the tolls fees in between some destinations. Couldnt find a website and figure it out at all.
Leaving Tokyo - going to Nikko
From Nikko - to Hakone
Hakone - Shimoda
Shimoda - Kamakura
Kamakura - Tokyo
Any idea of the cost?
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.