Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup
profile member asked on Sep 8, 2016

Wanting to spend 6 months in Thailand - Visa Options

I am wanting to spend 6 months in Thailand, but aware that you can only get a 60 day tourist visa. If i cross the border to Burma for a couple of weeks, can you then get another 60 day visa? I am sure there are some loop holes but just want to be sure. Does anyone have any advice?


5 Answers

answered on 9/8/16 by
a VT member from Vienna

The tourist visa can be extended for 30 days or get a non-immigrant visa for 90 days which can be extended, and you can get an other visa in Burma, Malaysia etc. even the next day.
[original link]

answered on 9/8/16 by
a VT member from Toronto

You can apply for a 60-day tourist visa at your home country. Then head to the Thai embassy in nearby countries for another 60-day tourist visa. It'll take 2 days to get one (Day 1 for the application, Day 2 to pick up). Be sure to check the time for application and pick up, as they maybe opened for only a few hours for either function.

I don't think you can get a non-immigrant visa unless you are qualified and have the proper paperwork.

answered on 9/8/16 by
a VT member from Mahajanga

Beware, re entering Thailand by Land Border (or by Sea at Ranong) will get you only 15 Days Visa,

answered on 9/8/16 by
a VT member from Trail

I've got 60 day visas at Vientiane in Laos several times for the Std prices
... Mai Pen Rai.

answered on 9/10/16 by
a VT member from Toronto

explore_discover is referring to a visa on arrival overland. But you can get 60-day visas from the Thai embassy in Vientiane, Penang, KL, etc. I've done it both ways in the past.

Go to NEW Thailand questions

or browse older Thailand travel answers

Find answers:  

Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   FAQ   ·   About   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms