Greetings..Me and family of 2 adults,2 teenagers,1child and 1 toddler,plans to have a few days trip to Mt Bromo & off to beautiful island of Bali. Any tips on transportation from Surabaya airport to/from Mount bromo.?. How long will the journey take?. Also any tips to take train,ferry or bus to Bali instead of flight? We want to enjoy a scenic & adventure tour of East Java.Im appreciative of any and all tips, feedback & suggestion. Thank you!...
Starting May 2014 visiting Bromo will become much more expensive, according to what we read in the newspaper "Jawa Pos".
The government has decided to raise the entrance fee for the National Park (not including jeep tour and horse trip) by several hundred percent, and to set a different tariff for weekdays and for holidays.
For foreign tourists the fee was Rp 57,000 per person; this will become Rp 267,000 on weekdays and Rp 400,500 during weekends and holidays.
Local tourists (including foreigners holding a residence permit) used to pay Rp 10,000. This will become Rp 37,500 on weekdays and Rp 52,500 during weekends and holidays.
The tariffs include a Rp 2,500 insurance fee.
Hi, I need to go to Mt. Bromo and Mt Penanjakan on 29th from Surabaya and come back on 30th to Surabaya of this month. Please let me know any budget taxi to take me to those places. I do not mind by mixing with other group traveling to the same place on the same day.
I am wondering if we coming from Surabaya airport to Mt Bromo how we get there by bus? and how many hour to travel up to mt bromo as our will arrive on 1230pm
After months of gathering information, I am finally ready to go to Mt Bromo (later this month). I would like to know how cold can it get early in the morning. I presume that I will be on top of Mt Penanjakan.
Seriously, winter clothing takes up too much space, LOL...
I plan to visit Mt Bromo later this year. I would like to get advice from the experienced members here.
*I know someone has already posted a similar question in 2005, but I would like to listen to the latest replies*
I understand that most tourists who visit Bromo leave right after breakfast, but I am considering spending an additional night there. What other activities can I do? Can I visit nearby villages or the Ranu Pani lake?
Will I need to hire 4WD to get to the lake? Since I will be traveling alone, hiring a 4WD will be heavy on my budget.
(b) Shall I book accommodation before going to Bromo?
(c) In case I can't get accommodation in Cemoro Lawang, and instead have to stay in Ngadisari, is there any public transport between the two places?
Your help is appreciated :)
Hi! I'm going to Mt. Bromo in December.
1. Is December a good season to go there?
2. How shoud I go there from Surabaya?
3. Any recommendation for budget and safe accommodation at Mr. Bromo?
Thanks a lot! :)
Hi VT friends from java,
My plan is finally confirmed and I am going to java in end april.
Pls be so kind to help me below on what is the best ways to travel on budget :
- Is this a good time to visit? Raining? Hot?
- What is the time difference between jogja and kuala Lumpur?
- How to go from Surabaya airport to Surabaya town?
- from Surabaya to mt bromo – by bus?
- from mt bromo to jogja town – by bus or train? If I were to take bus from mt bromo to probolinggo, is there train from probolinggo to jogja? Or is until solo only? How long is the journey?
- from jogja town to solo airport – by cab or bus?
- About Mt Merapi, what is status now?
- Is prambanan open to tourist?
- Ramayana performance in prambanan. Is it already performing? I’ll be there on May 2 onwards.
- Nightlife in jogja - what to do?
- Kindly refer to my itenary below and let me know if it’s ok.
Sun : KL to Surabaya
Mon : earliest departure to mt bromo.
Tue : sunrise at penanjakan, walk up to bromo crater rim, then tour around tengger caldera. Then take bus to probolinggo or Surabaya, then head to jogja by train or bus?
Wed : borobudur/Prambanan in one day – is it enough?
Thur : Do Dieng Plateau and the rest of the temples in one day. ratu boko. banyu nibo temple, kalasan temple, king’s boko palace, mendut temple, pawon temple, plaosan temple, sari temple, sario temple, sambisari temple, sewu temple.
Notes : either do borobudur & dieng on wed, and prambanan and other temples on thurs, which is better?
Fri : Full day jogja town.
Sat : Depart to solo for morning flight back to KL
Hope to hear from you
Many many thanks!!
I wld appreciate it very much if anyone can share with me how can I book cafe lava hostel or lava view lodge. We wanted to stay nearest to the crater rim with budget price. Or are there any better one?
Hope you will be able to help me :
* I'm planning to stay around jln jaksa in jakarta. Does anyone knows any good travel agent to recommend and do you have the email address? I would like to
check the schedule and fares for flights from jakarta to jogja.
* If I am taking DAMRI bus from airport, shld I go down at gambir station? From gambir station, shld I hail a cab to jln jaksa? We will have a medium size luggage with us
* Hostel in Jalan Jaksa - Has anyone stayed in Tator or Djodi before? Do you have their email and how much is the standard double room with aircond? Is these the best place to stay in jln jaksa for ppl with limited budget? We are looking for a clean standard room with aircond and attached bath.
* What will be the best way to visit Mt bromo from Jogja?
* Does the bus stops at probolinggo and then change another bus to cemoro lawang? How long is the journey and what time the bus depart from jogja?
* Is it good to rent a jeep to pernanjakan, and then continue on to bromo crater either by horse or walk?
* Is platform 1 or 2 better view in pernanjakan?
* What time is the earliest bus depart from mt bromo area back to surabaya? I need to catch a 6.30pm flight out.
* Does anyone know the best budget hostel (best view, best price, clean) to stay in bromo and what is the price?
* What is the difference between cafe lava and lava view lodge?
My plan :
Day 1 - Arrive Jakarta
Day 2 - Tour jakarta, take nite flight to jogja
Day 3 - Borobudur/Prambanan
Day 4 - Jogja
Day 5 - Jogja
Day 6 - Bus to bromo
Day 7 - Mt bromo
Day 8 - Back to surabaya to catch 6.30pm flight
Sorry for too many questions.
Many many thanks in advance!!
Cheers and Happy 2006!!
all packages I've seen going to the mt bromo area are only 1 night stay and leave the area right after the dawn tour. Is there really nothing else to do besides watching dawn? I would prefer to stay 2 nites and have time to rest and do something in the afternoon, but i'm not sure what...
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.