Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup

a VirtualTourist member from Park City asked on Aug 20, 2010

State of Victoria

Renting Motorcycles in Melbourne

Am thinking about renting a motorcycle when in Melbourne to get around on and be able to see the countryside. Where could I rent a motorcycles in Melbourne?

Also will I need an electric converter for my laptop and chargers when I get there?

4 Answers

answered on 8/20/10 by
a VT member from Melbourne

Howdy Lee
wellcome to downunder
please check this web site for more info.
well the voltage in Oz is 240V and its a different socket than US.
also you can check this web site for more info as well
enjoy your stay in Melbourne
( - _ - )

answered on 8/20/10 by
a VT member from Melbourne

You really wouldnt need a motorcycle in the city centre as Melbourne has an excellent public transport system.

However if you would like to explore further afield such as the Mornington Peninsula or Great Ocean Road then it would be better to have your own transport if you are comfortable riding on the opposite side of the road.

Garners Hire bikes as suggested, are a reputable company and are centrally located in the Melbourne CBD. Obviously hiring a motorbike will necessitate a large bond being held and daily hire rates will be significantly higher than a car. however our petrol prices are twice what you pay in the US.

answered on 8/22/10 by
a VT member from Palmwoods

Hi Lee Ann, can't help with the motorbikes though they are popular in Oz so you shouldn't have a problem.

Our electricity is 240 volts so you will need a power step down transformer as well as an adaptor plug.


answered on 8/22/10 by
a VT member from Melbourne

Two things.
Your laptop charger may be set up for 240 or 110 already. Check the manual as most are these days. Your laptop itself may also be able to be used on either voltage. All you should need is an adaptor which you can buy here for well under10.
If you are riding a motorcycle (or for that matter a pushbike) then you must wear an appropriate helmet.

Return to State of Victoria travel answers

Find answers:  

© 2018   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   FAQ   ·   About   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms