I will participate in the vasaloppet ski race on Sunday Feb. 23 and would like to know if there is bus transfer available from mora to the start in salen early sunday morning?
SKIING in Sälen, Sweden
We are an Irish couple heading to Sweden in a couple of wks and have a few questions that we were wondering maybe someone could help us out with. We fly to Stockholm on the 4th of February. Kind of last minute notion we got in our heads....
1. We hope to take the bus/train to Falun. Is there a bus from Falun to Sälen?
2. Or is it necessary to go all the way up to Mora or Malung to get the transfer?
3. Bus/train? Which is cheaper? Can we get tickets when we arrive in Stockholm or should we book before?
4. Is it possible to rent a car in Falun/Mora/Malung to drive and drop-off in Oslo where we plan to spend a couple of days also? Can you recommend any car rental places? (It seemed from there are no trains to Oslo at all on those days... so car rental a possibilty...)
5. Is it possible to book for just 3 nights (e.g Sun, Mon, Tues) in the Sälen ski resort or do we have to pay for the full “short week” (Sun - Thurs)?
6. What is the best/cheapest hotel/cabin/holiday village? (We are 2 people)
8. Can we get a Ski-pass when we arrive or should we book it before?
9. Likewise for Ski-hire...
10. Likewise for Ski-lessons...
Thanks a million!!!
Anyone can ask a
Destination experts (like you!) provide amazing answers.
Readers "like" answers, and the best float to the top.