a VirtualTourist member
Hi! My friends and I are planning on going to Sagada next week. A bit abrupt but we're taking advantage while our workload is light. Questions:
1) We're planning on leaving Friday night from Manila and leave Sunday afternoon-- is this period short/not enough or alright?
2) What places do you suggest we prioritize for this short period?
3) How do we go to Sagada and back to Manila? Is there a bus schedule I can refer esp the trip from Sagada to Manila?
4) I've read reviews and most mention St Joseph's and George Guesthouse-- which one is better-- in terms of facilities, location (near bus stop, place is near the caves, etc..)
5) How much do you think it will cost us for the whole trip?
5) Other tips would be greatly appreciated.
here.. are your answers...
1) let say you arrive in sagada by 10 oclock of saturday and leave using the same bus on 12 oclock the same day.. i gotta tell you, its short but it is still okay.
you have more than 10 hrs time to spend.. a cannot cover the whole of sagada's tourist spots in 1 day.. trust me..
2) basing on the limited time you have, i suggest you visit the following..
Sumaging Cave >> included in this tour is a view at the hanging coffins and a side trip to the lumiang cave a.k.a burial cave. (2.3 hrs)
lunch (quick lunch)
Big Falls >> this is a tiring tour but its worth it. i suggest you hire a vehicle(450) to take you there and back. after that vehicle ride, you have to hike for an hour or so to arrive at the falls...
7:30 am >> a tour at the SMV church and the echo valley. you can then go around town and look for some souvenirs while waiting for the jeepney going to bontoc.
3) the best way you can get is to take the Cable Bus near the Trinity Gate. the bus starts at 9pm and 12 hrs of traveling time. going to manila again, it starts at 3pm. you have to reserve for your trip by the way.
4)in terms of access location facilities etc. i say george inn is your best choice. not downing anything guesthouses here by the way. i am on the practical side. i have many reasons why.. anyway. contact numbers of all the inns and guesthouses in sagada are found in my VT homepage.. and oww if you happen to go to george, tell them gareth referred ya.. hehehehehe
5) lets add them shall we.. per person this would be the things you would be spending. 1,200 for bus trip plus food expenses. 100 for jeepney travel to sagada. 350 jeepney ride to the cave(hire of a vehicle,well if you are in group, you could divide em to your selves). 450 jeepney ride to the bigfalls (hire of the vehicle, if you are in group, you could divide amongst your selves0. 400 is a private room in george it can accomodate 2 to 3 persons, but you can arrange it if you call the george for reservation. Tita Mary's new lodge is good. it is 150 per person.. if you don't like George try Mary's. oww by the way.. include your food in sagada, say 400 to 500 pesos each... plus the guide fee. ammm 450 is for caving and 600 is for big falls.. that is the cost of 1 guide.. 1 guide is equal to 1-5 pax.
i guess you have to solve it your self. hehehehhe
jeep and bus travel and guesthouse/inn have accurate rates but i am not sure on the food, it depends on the person really.
other tips you can find them in my VT homepage..
for other questions you can e-mail or add me in you yahoo messenger [email]