a VirtualTourist member asked on Oct 9, 2006
Can anybody please answer the following questions for me?
1. Approximately on average how much does a studio or a single bed + single bath apartment cost in Redmond, WA .
2. Is the cost of living very high compared to places like Minneapolis, Minnesota. Approximately how much can it cost for a month for a single individual (average rent plus common living expenses ignoring any special personal expenses).
3. How is the climate of Redmond, WA ? Does it snow in winter or does it rain heavily?
4. Does Redmond by any chance have good public transportation like bus services etc.etc. or is it that a car is a must for moving around?
5. What are the places nearby Redmond by renting apartments where one will still not have to commute much in case office is in Redmond.
Thanks much in advance for all those reply. Please let me know soon.
The rain is not really that bad. Most of the time it is just a misty rain with occasional average rain, not really strong. It does snow most years in Redmond. Generally, just a few inches and it melts off in a few days. If you are up in the foothills (500 feet) you can get maybe 6 inches and it will melt off in 3 or 4 days. Some years you don't get any snow at all.
Redmond is a expensive city in the Seattle area. You could expect to pay700 for an apartment downtown or close to.
Rapid transit is not good. There is some bus service available but it is limited. You probably should consider purchasing a car. Bothell-Kenmore area have cheaper rents but then you will have a 15 mile commute to Redmond. Cross roads area in Bellevue may be a little cheaper but I'm not sure about the transportation.
Hope this helps,