a VirtualTourist member from United States of America
whats to do
whats to see??
Peshawar is a mix of old and new. Some of the sites that you can easily see are
1. Old City It will be fun to spend time here. Qissa Khwani Bazar, Bazar Batairbazan are good places. Similarly you can also go to Khan Club, to enjoy traditional food.
2. Balahisar Fort is in the middle of the city and imposing structure. You can see the view of the city from the top with permission of the local FC Command.
3. Gorgathree: Lovely old place, now a park is in the offing here. The place has grandeur.
4. Charsadda: the historic city of Charsadda is half an hour drive. see the Buddhist ruins.
5. Jamrud: 15 minutes drive from Peshawar. You can see the Khyber Pass Gate here. You need permission of PA Khyber who sits in Swato Phatak Peshawar.Place is dangerous for Foreigners.
6. Karkhano Bazar: You can do all the shopping here duty free.
6. Darra Adamkhel. You can see
yes, Peshawar is fun. Its a busy city. The Kyber Pass is pretty exciting if you read up on the history. I dont think its dangerous, others may disagree.
Darah is the place where guns are made from scratch. I didnt go there but its supposed to be very interesting.
Rose Hotel was OK. very central