Plan a Road Trip  
Where to Stay  
Ask a Question  Sign Up     Log In

a VirtualTourist member from Héroes de Mexico


visa run

hello everyone,

i'll be in Pai next january and i wanna know if it's possible to do a 'visa run' to Mae Hong Son at the border with Burma. I issue thai visa for 60 days but in the airport the immigration only stamps for 30; since I heard some foreigners do this process to get another stamp for an extra 30 days that's why i wanna be sure this can be done if i try , thanks

3 Answers

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Toronto

Unless you apply for a 60-day visa outside of Thailand, you'll only get a 30-day stamp at the airport. You can do a visa run at Mae Sai in Chiang Rai province, or Mae Sot, south of Mae Hong Song. Either way is a long journey and the border is subject to close dependant on the relationship between Thailand and Burma.

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Rangoon

I ran into some people who say that nowadays you'll only get a 15-day visa if you come overland into Thailand. This was during the Christmas season. So maybe someone has more up-to-date info

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Toronto

That is very true. If you are coming overland from any of the bordering countries, you'll get only 15 days. But if you are flying in from the bordering countries, you'll still get 30 days.

Go to NEW Pai questions, or browse older Pai travel answers

© 2018   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Travel Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Plan a Road Trip   ·   Plan a Flight   ·   Where to Stay   ·   Login

Search   ·   FAQ   ·   About Us   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy Policy   ·   Terms of Service