a VirtualTourist member from New Delhi
I'm planning for a trip to Nairobi & Masai Mara in August. I need reply on following:
1) Masai Mara reserve fees is USD 70/night. Is it payable for each night of stay or one time online. we are spending 2 nights in reserve.
I've checked website of Narok city council, as per that "Daily fees” means fee for one day/ twenty four hours or thereof continuous stay within a specified site in the Maasai Game Reserve.
Is that means we've to pay total USD 70 for our stay, as we will stay inside Reserve and making only 1 entry. Please confirm.
2) We are group of 6 persons with 2 children, looking forward to arrange transportation facility by ourselves, instead of tour package, in order to do things as per our convinience. Any recommendations.
3) Our flight is reaching 2.30 am to Nairobi. Is it safe to start driving for Masai Mara around 4.30am/5.00am in the morning.
Thanks in advance.
1) Googling to see where you got this from, I'm guessing it's the "public notice" pdf file (ads.nationmedia.com/narok-co... or kapstickets.com/onlinebookin... but in that case, your "quote" is inaccurate in changing "of" to "or"! It reads: "“Daily Fee” fee for one day/twenty four hours or (should be "PART?") thereof OF continuous stay within a specified site in the Maasai Game Reserve..".
Then, looking at narokcountycouncil.org/narok... this says "“Daily fee” fee for one day/ twenty four hours OR thereof continuous stay within a specified site in the Maasai Game Reserve."
"Or thereof" must mean "continuous stay WITHIN any 24 hr period", i.e. leaving the reserve and re-entering on the same day would incur 2 daily fees. At any rate, nothing supports interpretation that 1 entry (irrespective of length of stay) = 1 daily fee. Plus, I'm not sure you noted that the daily charge is PER PERSON!
The Mara Conservency site maratriangle.org/visit/conse... doesn't help with definitions but does have an online payment system which requires you to enter DATES of arrival and exit, and entering these for a 2-night stay, the system translates this into 2 daily charges. Adding 4 adults + 2 children (all non-resident) and 1 car, self-drive, staying at Serena Lodge inside reserve, results in a total charge of 720 USD (140 per adult, x4 and 80 per child, x2).
3) I don't think this is what you meant, but even if designated driver manages to sleep on the flight, I don't believe he or she is going to be in a safe state to drive anywhere at 04:30 hrs after a (presumably somewhat long) flight landing at 02:30 hrs.
Dear frnd...many thanks for your time and patience to search & reply.
I don't want to drive by myself, i'm hiring of taking Van+Driver.