Plan a Road Trip  
Where to Stay  
Ask a Question  Sign Up     Log In

a VirtualTourist member


Car Breakdown Insurance

Another question from me!!

As you know I have just moved out here and I am a little concerned especially when driving in Spain that I do not have any car breakdown Insurance, I was always covered by the AA in the UK. Does anyone have any details of any companys I can get car breakdown insurance with whilst driving in Spain and also is there a problem with me having a Gibraltar address and getting breakdown insurance for Spain??

3 Answers

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Springfield

Contact your Gib car insurance and ask them for breakdown service in Spain, they usually can offer it. My car insurance uses CAP ARAC, which is supposed to be one of the best in Spain. They charge something like £25 a year. Depends on the policy.

answered by
a VirtualTourist member

Thats great thanks, unfortunately I am under my UK insruance until March but will def do that then as I am convinced i'm going to be stranded on the motorway!!

Out of interest for the time being if I was to breakdown what would ii need to do?

Thank-you for answering all my questions its really appreciated!!!

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Springfield

Well just now, if you where to break down in Spain, you would have to pay for the Tow service yourself, which is expensive. Even though that you do not have Gib Insurance just now I would go into the different insurance companies in Gib and just ask them for Breakdown service in Spain, explain that you have your UK insurance until March, but you just want breakdown insurance in Spain. The breakdown insurance that most of the companies issue is from CAP ARAC in Spain. They give you the documents in your name and your Gib Address. Also a card with a number to call in case of a breakdown. Have a look in the yellow pages of the Telephone directory to find insurance companies. Another possibility (I am just guessing) is to find out if your current AA in the UK can offer you cover in Spain through an affiliate for an extra charge, they sometimes have European cover.

Go to NEW Gibraltar questions, or browse older Gibraltar travel answers

© 2018   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Travel Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Plan a Road Trip   ·   Plan a Flight   ·   Where to Stay   ·   Login

Search   ·   FAQ   ·   About Us   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy Policy   ·   Terms of Service