Plan a Road Trip  
Where to Stay  
Ask a Question  Log In

a VirtualTourist member from State of Western Australia


Egypt into Gaza

Is it possible for an Australian to get a visa into Gaza border entry from Egypt and back again?

4 Answers

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from State of Western Australia

I also need to know if my passport is already stamped with Israel is it possible to enter and then if I am stamped with Gaza am I able to return to Israel/Jerusalem in the future?

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from Minsk

No. Getting into Gaza as a foreigner requires a lot of string pulled from people of "importance", not for independent travellers.

answered by
a VirtualTourist member from State of Western Australia

Thanks for that. Thought it was worth a try, I have an Egyptian friend going in and was asked to go as their companion. Never mind, I don't want to risk not being able to go back to Jerusalem anyway.

answered by
a VirtualTourist member

Ok, so I am not a diplomat, or part of an organization and I entered the Gaza Strip. It took 6 months to get permission, I would definitely try. I went directly to my Egyptian Consulate in London, and it took a lot of time but I got there in the end. At Rafah border, you may have to wait a while. I was told I could not enter but after a five hour wait and a bit of a fight, it happened and I went through. I went for "tourist" reasons, and I had to provide the consulate with the address at which I would be staying.
I have no idea about the Israel stamps, I would suggest asking your Egyptian consulate. The only way you aare able to get there is through Egypt, I know someone Brtiish who was deported from Israel because she wanted to enter Gaza through Erez.
Hope this helps

Return to Gaza travel answers

© 2017   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Travel Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Plan a Road Trip   ·   Plan a Flight   ·   Where to Stay   ·   Login

About Us   ·   FAQ   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy Policy   ·   Terms of Service