a VirtualTourist member from Destin
We are planning to move to Flagstaff with my wife and my cat in the middle of August, 07.
I've read a lot about the town itself, how calm and pleasant it is, but I need some more detailed info about it, like:
1. how safe it is? we are trying to establish a family there, have kids...
2. are there any good churches? by good I mean a rather traditional church that focuses on the Bible; where people don't go to have fun and enjoy a show but to learn God's will, and to deepen their relationships with Him... and also not a "movie-style church" where you sit and watch and leave and nothing changes...
3. can anyone recommend a specific area to move into in Flagstaff that is quiet but still safe, that is close to parks, green areas... and also not too expensive
4. what's the public transportation like? is it year-round and frequent?
5. is the weather dominantly cold there?
We've already been to Flagstaff in May of last year, we drove through it while we visited the Grand Canyon... we kinda' fell in love with it.
Any advice is highly appreciated