a VirtualTourist member from New York City asked on Dec 2, 2015
What are the fun things to do there and any recommended guide companies
As already suggested, ask at your hotel desk, they often have experience much wider than any single VTer.
Some of the things that I have done with family and enjoyed were.
1) Camel trip into the mountainous desert above Eilat, fun and fantastic views.
2) Jeep trips into several of the canyons surrouning the area.
3) ATV self drive trips.
4) Scuba diving the reef just south of Eilat.
5) Mountain biking some of the canyons.
6) Hai Bar nature preserve
7) Solomon's Pillars and Timna Nature Preserve.
When are you going to be there? In Spring and Autumn, Eilat is one of the most important bird migration places on the planet. As far as I'm concerned the only reason to go to Eilat is to spend my time birding, but if your're not normally interested, you should take a walk through the birdwatching park. Check the ringing hut before mid-morning to see if the ringers have anything they will show you. If they aren't busy they are usually more than happy to show you what has been trapped before it's release.
I would expect most times of year there will be guided walks through the birding park run by the International Bird Watching Center (they have/had?) and office in the town.