a VirtualTourist member
My company has planned to relocate me at Brielle in month of September 2005.
I need your help to plan and manage my relocation. Whenever you get some free
time, Kindly provide me details on my queries below.
1) What an Apartment would cost me at Brielle? I am looking for a furnished apartment which is big enough to
accomodate me, my wife and my 2 and half year old son.
2) What is the total cost of living(Euros) in Brielle per month? I mean the average expenditure in a month,
which I may come across other than above apartment cost.
3) Is there any PLAY-School in Brielle for my 2 and half year old son?
4) What is the percentage of TAX does Netherlands government applies on salaried income for a person coming
from other country to work in Netherlands for a span of 2-3 years?
5) Is there any public garden or children play area in Brielle for my family?
6) In your knowledge do any surname families lives in Brielle? My wife's first language is HINDI which is almost
same as surname language so she would be happy to get a surname family in Brielle.
7) Do most of the Brielle people understand and speak english or we have to learn Dutch for communication purpose?
8) How much an average car purchase cost in Brielle/Netherlands?
I appologize if asking too much, but any details on above will help me a lot to manage a smooth relocation to wonderful town Brielle.
Thanks for your help in advance.
I agree with Marcel AT can give you the best info.
In the mean time I will answer your questions more in general;
1) From what I see it's 1000 to 1200 Euro/month unfurnished.
2) Groceries Euro 150/month; Gas for your car Euro 1,25 /liter; Broadband Internet Euro 50/month.
Gas, water, electricity & cable TV can be included with the rent, but it's about Euro 200/month.
Clothing, up to you, but with a small child you have costs.
3) There's a "Kinderdagverblijf" called Watergeusje - Anna Hoevestraat 4 - 3232 VC Brielle - Tel: 0181 418713
4) Count at 50% (Ooops)
5) at the side the old city walls is playroom enough
6) Probably yes
7) Most people will understand English
8) 2nd hand Euro 12.000; new Euro 20.000 and up.
These are coarse figures!
Good guys, Marcel and PJ (hugs)!
I got these questions from our new VT friend by mail this morning and answered them. Very clever that a new member finds his way round here so quickly!
PJ, I gave more or less the same replies. Should be good! :-)
Apart from the tax on income thing. I've referred to the Belastingdienst section for non-residents.
In NL we call Hindi people from Suriname: Hindustani.
People from India we call Indian.
oh, and not many Hindustani or Surinamese people live here. For that you need to go to Rotterdam where over 50.000 Surinamese people live (how many of those are Hindustani, I don't know but plenty!).
Thanks to AT, Marcel and PJ for your replies.
Yesterday I emailed to AT and got lot of information regarding Brielle.
Thanks to all of you again,
I wonder if you ever made it to Brielle and now live here?