a VirtualTourist member
How difficult is private travel from Indonesia to baghdad?
I have a friend working there and can stay with him. what is the procedure for arranging visas/flight from Indonesia. Thanks for help
You should read this recent thread about travel to Iraq, which contains useful and relevant information:
VT Forum temporarily unavailable
For information on visas you need to contact the Iraqi embassy in Indonesia. Address and contact info here:
If your friend is already in Baghdad he should be able to guide you about safety, procedures etc etc.
This is informasion for iraqi visa. i obtaioned it from Iraqi embassy in Indonesia. for futher information you may contact the number below.
In response to your Visa enquiry to Iraq , kindly be informed of the
under-mentioned steps to follow in order to obtain entry visa to Iraq :
1. Have your counterpart in Iraq send you an invitation letter to visit Iraq .
2. Based on this invitation letter, provide your counterpart in Iraq with the copy of your passport and have your counterpart apply an entry visa for you to
and get the approval from the Iraqi Ministry of Interior.
3. The approval shall be submitted to the Iraqi Foreign Ministry which would then instruct their Embassy to issue the visa for you. The
issuing Embassy can either be in the country where you reside or in a specific country by special request. As a Singaporean passport
holder, you can visit the Iraqi Embassy in Jakarta .
4. For the issuance of the visa, you are required to visit the Consular Section of the Iraqi Embassy to submit:
- the invitation letter
- the completed application form (shall be done at the Embassy)
- 2 pieces of passport-size photograph of yours
- Original passport
- The visa fee: US$ 40.-
5. The Embassy will issue the visa upon receiving the instruction of the Foreign Ministry.
May the above explanation meets to your expectation. And please do not hesitate to contact us shall you have further enquiries.
Embassy of the Republic of Iraq
Jl. Teuku Umar No. 38
Menteng - Jakarta Pusat 10350
Telp. (62 21) 390 4067, 68, 69
Fax. (62 21) 390 4066