a VirtualTourist member
WE are considering a two night, three day stay in El Calafate. We would mainly like to see the Perito Moreno Glacier. I have come to understand that we can stay in El Calafate and do day trips from there. Is this the best way to see the region?
* Is travel at the beginning of April a good time to visit this region?
* what is the average temperature
* What other sites or day trips are recommended to visit?
* What routes should we take?
* Is the cruise to Upsala, Onelli andSpegazzini glaciers recommended?
* If we sail the northern arm of the ARgentino lake towards Upsala, do we still overnight in El calafate
Thanking you in advance.
What other sites or day trips are recommended to visit?
You could visit a petrified forest nearby La Leona. We tried to find it by ourselves, but didn't succeed (although the scenery was great - flickr.com/photos/vtveen/341....
I know there is (at least was) a local touroperator in El Calafate offering this as a day trip. You could try: losglaciares.com/bosquepetri...
I really don't know how the weather is in April, as we visited in late November.