aastha
Jaipur

dead sea

can i swim in dead sea jordon in feb? will it be too cold? should i skip it?

Mary from Leicester

It isn't possible to actually swim in the Dead Sea at any time of year because it's just too salty. But you can certainly float in it.

The average February water temperature is around 75F (about 23C)...but that's just an average. Whether you consider that 'too cold' is very personal and depends entirely on how your body reacts.........and, to some extent, what the air temperature is too. If the air is cool you'll probably feel the water is 'warmer'; if the air is warm you feel the water as 'cool'. When I visited in December I (from the UK) decided not to go in fully after testing the temp with my fee,  but other people did so. I was just too much of a wimp! :-)

Whether or not you decide on the day to go into the water, don't miss out the Dead Sea altogether. It is unique...nowhere else on land is lower..and imo it is unmissable for that reason alone. .

1. Dead Sea (city)