Asaad asked

Zurich to Glasgow flight & Connection details

I am travelling from Zurich to Glasgow and have a stopover flight at Heathrow. Need to know if we can book our baggage throughout to Glasgow or will I need to also get my baggage at Heathrow and recheck-in for Glasgow flight. I am concerned as my flight connection time is only 2 hours where I have to also go through immigration! Good thing is that both flight land and take off from Terminal 5 if this helps!! Please share some feedback if anyone has travelled along these flights. Thanks

Zürich Flughafen (Switzerland)

Mary from Leicester

Unless you encounter a severe inbound delay 2 hours is ample time for an airside connection within the same terminal. You will, as you note, go through border control (it is not called 'immigration') and also through security scanning of yourself and your cabin bags. 

This official page will give you a step-by-step guide to connecting your specific flights:

http://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections

I assume you are flying on a through ticket? If that is the case then your bags will be checked through Glasgow Airport. You won't even see them at Heathrow Airport.

Unlike the US, travellers who have a domestic UK connection and a through ticket are not required to collect and re-check bags at their first port of entry.

If you are travelling on two separate tickets then you will have to collect our bags at Heathrow and check them in again (at the check-in/bag-drop desks) for the flight to Glasgow. As you will have to go landside to do this (that is, through border control, baggage reclaim and Customs) and domestic check-in closes at least 30 minutes before departure, imo 2 hours is not enough time to make the connection.

1. Glasgow Airport (attraction)
  2. Heathrow Airport (attraction)
Shlomo

You should almost definitely be able to check it through