Miriam
Seattle

Zug, Zurich, Switzerland, Geneva

Best way to get from Zug to Geneva

I'm going to be staying in Zug in the spring and I also need to make my way to Geneva eventually.  I was going to look into flying (and I think I can only do that from Zurich, so I'm open to going there), but I hear that there's really good public transportation there and fortunately, I'm traveling light. My questions are: what stations would I go to? How long will it take? And how much will it cost?  Or would it just be easier to fly? Thanks!

Alex from Zermatt

Hi Miriam,

Your best bet would be to go by train. You're as fast as by plane and you get to see some nice countryside as well. Also, the train system is top notch.

From Zug you can either go to Lucerne and the direcly to Geneva or go to Zurich and change trains there. It will cost you CHF 92.-- one way.

You can check the scedule at: www.sbb.ch and get some more information as well.

Hope I could help you out.

1. Zug (city)
  2. Lucerne (city)
  3. Geneva (city)
  4. Zurich (city)

Raphael from Switzerland

hi

best you look on www.sbb.ch thats the public transportation of switzerland (trains). thought, it is not cheap, but very convenient and easy. cost will be about 100.-- and takes about 3h... fly is more hassle as you have to go first by train to zurich...