Marnieta
Cleveland, Utah

Zion National Park

When is the best time to visit/hike Zion national park?

Planning on doing a 2 day visit to Zion. What are the best hikes to take and when is the best time to visit them. Will have a group of about 5-6. Various hiking experience.

Janine from Seattle

Zion National Park is such a beautiful place. I suggest going late spring/early summer. 

I suggest doing The Narrows hike. It is fairly easy and you can hike a long the river. 

If you are looking for something a little more difficult, Observation Point Trail will take you to the highest point in Zion National Park. 

Have a great time! 

1. Zion National Park (park)
  2. The Narrows (attraction)
  3. Observation Point Trail (attraction)

Trevor from Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario

We went early May. The weather was perfect. One of the driest months. Not too hot but cooler in the AM. 

Hike Angles Landing on a week day and catch the 6 am bus. Do not go on a weekend or later in the day. Too busy and potentially dangerous because of over crowding. 

Observation point is excellent. It takes about 3 - 4 hours. Great views and not a lot of people. Hike early in the morning also. 

The Narrows was closed when we were there. It's too cold and high risk of flooding. 

Lidia from Cedar City

The best time for me Is in the month of September. Its not to hot and not over crowded. During the summer months it tends to be super busy. I love Angels Landing Trail, its about a 3 hours hike and straight up, hopefully you are not afraid of heights. I also enjoy Emeral's Pools there are 3 pools total, this hike is not has difficult. The last hike is a long one, about 12 miles. It will take about 8 hours, for the more experience hikers. You need a permit which is very easy to obtain. This hike is called The Narrows and is hiked in a river.

1. Angels Landing Trail (attraction)
  2. The Narrows (attraction)