Craig
Minnesota

Zanzibar

Favorite places/activities in Zanzibar

Will be in Zanzibar for about five days in early January, what places must I see and activities must I do?

Stanley from Butte

My favorite part of Zanzibar was Stone Town. It's where Freddy Mercury was born (or at least grew up) and there's even a restaurant there that's dedicated to him. It's a little rough around the edges and a bit touristy, but I found it very interesting architecturally.

1. Stone Town (attraction)

Seddy

do spice tour and be at Stone Town

1. Stone Town (attraction)

Supun from Carson (California)

We stayed at Jambo Guesthouse in Stone Town. They had nice affordable rooms with A/C, and their staff was great. The breakfast there was awesome. You can book tours to the forest, beaches, spice markets and boats from there. There was a cool spot at the Maru Maru Hotel to catch the sunset during happy hour.I didn't get to see Nungwi, but everyone I talked to said it was nice to relax on the beach there.

1. Jambo Guesthouse (hotel)
  2. Stone Town (attraction)
  3. Maru Maru Hotel (hotel)
  4. Nungwi (city)