Bilha asked

Road trip from Zagreb to Dubrovnik in 5 days

We would like to visit Croatia before boarding a cruise in Rome.
We have 5 days for this trip
We arriving to Zagreb and have a flight to Rome from Dubrovnik on the 6th day. We planing to rent a car.
I know it’s not a lot of time.
Can someone help with itinerary, and must see for this trip?
Thank you

Zagreb (Croatia) Dubrovnik (Croatia)

Charles from London, United Kingdom
With so little time I'd forget going to any of the islands - you'll lose a lot of time doing that. Definitely spend a day in Zagreb. It's quite unlike the rest of the country - it's a classic Central European capital city - a mini Vienna or Budapest. Stop in Plitvice Lakes - get an early start on the day you leave Zagreb, spend a few hours (allow 4-5 hours) in the park, then continue on to Zadar. Zadar gets less attention that Split but the peninsular old town is lovely. Then head south, to Dubrovnik. If you had more time (and if the road bridge is open by then - it's due for completion by end of July 2021) I'd say drive down the Peljesac peninsula. It has some great beaches and more of an island vibe than other parts of the mainland (plus it has the best wines in the country). However you'll need the rest of your remaining days for Dubrovnik itself.
Hope that helps.

Antica from Zagreb
Here is my plan for your trip
Day 1 Zagreb – arrival S/S tour overnight
Day 2 Zagreb – Plitvice Lakes – Zadar
Visit Plitvice Lakes National Park – Travel to Zadar – Visit Zadar – overnight in Zadar
Day 3 Zadar – Trogir – Split
Travel to Trogir along the beautiful coast – Stop in Trogir and S/S tour - lunch
Travel to Split S/S tour – overnight in Split
Day 4 Split – Dubrovnik
Stop in Ston for lunch or small meal (oysters are their specials grown right there).
You can also visit city walls and salt farm in Ston.
Visit Dubrovnik – overnight
Day 5 Dubrovnik s/s tour and/or boat tour
Must do: cable car tour to the top of Srd Mountain
City walk tour
Day 6 Travel to Rome
Enjoy your stay. If you need more details let me know. Time for travel and tours can be added if you like this plan.
I can guide you in Zagreb and Plitvice Lakes!
Sincerely
Antica Grubisic
Official guide