Rhonda
Gretna, Virginia

Rhonda from Gretna, Virginia asked

Places to stay in Yosemite?

Hi, anyone/everyone that can help, please.  

If anyone is familiar with places to stay IN the Yosemite Park... I am trying to decide between a few places... Curry Village, Yosemite at the Falls & Wawona Hotel. From what I gather there aren't bathrooms in Wawona Hotel (not so thrilled with that idea.. :(

Any advice, please on these 3 places?  Thank YOU!

Yosemite National Park

A

Yosemite fully books but has frequent cancellations.  I have always scored a room by calling the night before or the morning of.  Any place you stay is wonderful... Yosemite Lodge at the Falls is the most comfortable after the Ahwahnee Hotel, but Curry works.  Remember you are not there for the hotel... you will not be inside except to sleep! My favorite breakfast, however, is at the Ahwahnee... quietly elegant.

Dee from California

Rhonda,

You didn't say when you want to stay.  If it's this summer, forget it.  The Park sells out months and months (up to a year) in advance.  If it's off season, you'll have a better chance.  Wawona is not in the Valley.  It's about 1/2 an hour car ride if it's off season--much longer "in season".  Whether you pick Curry Village or Yosemite Lodge at the Falls will depend on the type of accommodations you want.

Rhonda
Dee B....I have reservations in the Park, thanks..and I just got them about a week or so ago. If people would call instead of assuming you can't get reservations except for a year in advance, IT IS possible. We're going in September. My point was the much more expensive rates compared to staYing in Mariposa. We simply want to see the main attractions in Yosemite for 2 or 3 days. Since I've posted this question, I've been advised to stay IN the Valley and pay the difference, even if 100 dollars more per night..that it's worth it. Do you agree? They charge like they do, I've been told, simply for the location..and because "they can". The sad part is no falls in September, but heard it's pretty awesome regardless.

Dee
I would agree with staying IN the valley. It's a better experience and more enjoyable than going back and forth every day. While you're there, be sure to go up to Glacier Point. There is no other place like it in the world. Thanks A Albright for the info about getting last-minute cancellations. Especially Off Season, eg., Sept. You should have a great time!