Rhonda
Gretna, Virginia

Yosemite National Park

Places to stay in Yosemite?

Hi, anyone/everyone that can help, please.  

If anyone is familiar with places to stay IN the Yosemite Park... I am trying to decide between a few places... Curry Village, Yosemite at the Falls & Wawona Hotel. From what I gather there aren't bathrooms in Wawona Hotel (not so thrilled with that idea.. :(

Any advice, please on these 3 places?  Thank YOU!

A

Yosemite fully books but has frequent cancellations.  I have always scored a room by calling the night before or the morning of.  Any place you stay is wonderful... Yosemite Lodge at the Falls is the most comfortable after the Ahwahnee Hotel, but Curry works.  Remember you are not there for the hotel... you will not be inside except to sleep! My favorite breakfast, however, is at the Ahwahnee... quietly elegant.

1. Yosemite Lodge at the Falls (hotel)
  2. Ahwahnee Hotel (hotel)

Dee from California

Rhonda,

You didn't say when you want to stay.  If it's this summer, forget it.  The Park sells out months and months (up to a year) in advance.  If it's off season, you'll have a better chance.  Wawona is not in the Valley.  It's about 1/2 an hour car ride if it's off season--much longer "in season".  Whether you pick Curry Village or Yosemite Lodge at the Falls will depend on the type of accommodations you want.

1. Curry Village (attraction)
  2. Yosemite Lodge at the Falls (hotel)