Ruchi asked

Need suggestions

we are planning a trip to Las Vegas and from there to death valley and Yosemite national park. My final destination (return flight to TPA ) is San Francisco. 

Travel dates early June. 

I have two options 

1. Drive from LAS to death valley and from there to Yosemite and finally to San Francisco  

2. Drive back to LAS from death valley, fly to San Francisco, drive to Yosemite and then back to San Francisco.  

What do you recommend?  

I guess Tioga pass is still closed.  

Also, if we choose option 1 what route should we follow from death valley and places to stay. We will be leaving LAS on Wednesday for death valley and from there to Yosemite on Thursday. We will stay somewhere there in Yosemite and drive to San Francisco on Friday evening.  

Thanks in advance, will wait for your replies and suggestions.

Yosemite National Park (California)   Death Valley (California)

Ruchi

Hi, thanks for your input. I am planning to stay somewhere b/w death valley and yosemite on wed night so that I can leave early for Yosemite Valley (California). Thats why trying to figure out best route. 

Also for thursday night, what alternatives I have for accomodation? Are accomadations in Mammoth Lakes too far?

How much time to you have and how much do you like to drive?

Your schedule Las Vegas to Death Valley on Wednesday - that drive is two or three hours

Death Valley to Yosemite Valley (California) on Thursday but that drive is 7+ hours and you will have no time to see anything in the park if you leave for San Francisco International Airport on Friday.

Also it is probably too late to get accommodation in the park for June unless you mean June 2018. 

Ruchi
Hi, thanks for your input. I am planning to stay somewhere b/w death valley and yosemite on wed night so that I can leave early for Yosemite. Thats why trying to figure out best route. Also for thursday night, what alternatives I have for accomodation? Are accomadations in Mammoth lakes too far?

I don't think you can cut enough time off the trip to Yosemite from Death Valley to see anything of Yosemite. You will either have to leave Vegas earlier, or fly to SF and do Yosemite from there.