Kaman
Hong Kong

Yosemite National Park

First time visit, how many days should i spend in the park?

Planning to visit in late may with my boyfriend. I am not a hiker but i would love to see some beautiful nature. How many days should i spend there?

Daisy from California

Spend at least 3 days.  There is free transportation around the valley floor.  If you have a car, don't miss the drive to Glacier Point with all view spots along the way.  This takes you above the valley for spectacular views.  In the south side of the park you will find the giant Sequoias.  Go here, you will never forget them.  There is a beautiful old lodge called Wawona Hotel near the trees.  Even with no reservations, do check in as early in the day as you can to get on a list.  Unfilled rooms and reservations are filled around 4PM I believe.  Take the bear warnings seriously and don't leave any food in your car.  They recognize coolers and are adept at ripping into cars to get to them.  Otherwise they are not usually a problem at all.

Safe and happy travels!

1. Glacier Point (attraction)
  2. Wawona Hotel (hotel)

JR from Manhattan Beach

it really depends on how much time you have and what you want to do. You can spend the day driving through the valley and seeing most of the sites from the valley floor and be blown away. You don't even need to spend the night. But if you want to hike and really explore then more time is obviously better.

I've done both. I've just seen it for the day (driving through and leaving) and I've also stayed a couple nights. It's beautiful so if you only have one day, still go. It's amazing. 

One other thing to note, is time of year. Spring is the best season hands down because the waterfalls are peaking. Late May should be great.

Joanna from Oakland

At least 3 days.

Liz from Winnetka, Illinois

3