Next weekend my fiancee and I are heading to Yogyakarta, Indonesia for the first time - we land on Friday, with two nights in town and then a night at the hotel inside Borobudur. Any suggestions of what to do?
We're planning on a day in yogya, then a day of tours to attractions outside town (like merapi and/or the prambanan temples), with the last day at Borobudur.
We're interested in exploring the city's culture, and just wondering around interesting neighbourhoods. If you happen to know where to get good vegetarian fare that'd also help!
Yogyakarta is amazing, I spent two weeks there and there are so many things to do.
I would recommend you to check this website, they have 60 different activities and tours in Yogyakarta at local rates :
This is a great website to travel around Indonesia, I hope this helps.
Mentioned in this answer:
You can take these recommendation in mind:
Borobudur Sunrise Tour of Manohara Resortoffers a different experience where participants were given a special pass to enter the monument early in the morning at approximately 04.30 am before public visitors.
Kaliurang is a small town about 25 kilometres (16 mi) north of the city of Yogyakarta on the southern slopes of Mount Merapi volcano in central Java in Indonesia.
Jalan Malioboro, or Malioboro Street, is a major shopping street in Yogyakarta; the name is also used more generally for the neighborhood around the street.
This is my suggestion; I also will travel next week to yogya,
Friday. Night you Arrive
1.place your bag at hotel and ready for travel, use a casual clothes and thin shirt it might be hot. get an umbrella is necessary.
2. Walks to "Tugu Jogja" at jalan mangkubumi intersection, take a romantic picture with your fiancee, and sit there it's a nice and cozy place you find a lot of people around indonesia come to jogja just for take a picture there. Oh dont forget to try Angkringan Kopi Joss it's a coffee in the corner of tugu jogja ; it's a coffee with hot charcoal. :)
3. After that walking to Jalan P. Mangkubumi area , stop at Gareng-Petruk food stall near "Arjuna Hotel" you can buy a sego kucing (cat rice) its a famous food from jogja,
4.Walks continue to Jalan Malioboro, stop in front of Jl.Malioboro Sign, you find a lot of people take a picture there :) it's a famous spot.
5. Try to explore batik or clothes in Malioboro walking until benteng vredeburg and finish at The Palace of Yogyakarta.
6. Finally you will end up night at Jalan Wijilan Area where you can find a food area. Its sells "Gudeg" jogja famous food.
1.05:00 Wake up early and try exploring Malioboro again.
2. Walking to keraton in alun-alun utara and you must find Pasar Ngasem. it's around 500 m from keraton
3. in Pasar Ngasem you might try Jamu Gendong / indonesian traditional herbs. it's for your stamina coz we walks again.
4.After that you walk behind pasar ngasem and you can find Taman Sari Area. well is a nice spot to take a picture wth your fiancee
5. After you exploring Pasar Ngasem, walk back to Malioboro and visit Hamzah Batik in front of beringharjo market. Buy a souvenir there you dont need to worry coz the price is fix and cheap.
6. At Hamzah Batik, 3rd floor buy a drink, there are a lot of indonesian food
7. This time we use a Trans Jogja, use a "trans jogja Transport bus" near beringharjo, and ask the officer there which bus take you to Prambanan Temple, it take Rp.4000 for 1 person (< 1 USD) for one trip to Prambanan Temple.
8. Enjoy Prambanan temple till sunset and go back to jogjakarta by trans jogja Transport bus, spend the night at hotel.
Im Planning my trip 27-29 to yogyakarta,Im not a travel agent or guide, Im just a traveller and love to explore city. Need details just send me msg at +6282345411679
Mentioned in this answer: