T.

Yellowstone National Park

suggestions for routes to see the most

My husband and I will be flying into Jackson Hole on Sept. 19. We will be getting there late.  We will stay in Jackson Hole that night , drive the Teton National park loop on the 20th and spend that night at Jackson Hole. Leave on 21  and go to Island Park, Id.  for the next 4 nights. (Looking for day trips  for all those days) and then on 25th move over to Cody, Wy for 3 nights (looking for ideas for those days) and then back to Jackson Hole on 28th and fly out on 29th. Open to any suggestions on routes (maybe so we aren't back tracking all the time) , attractions , etc. 

Matt from Allentown, Pennsylvania

I did Jackson / Grand Tetons / Yellowstone last year and the Grand Tetons were definitely the highlight. I would've arranged for more days there had I known what to expect. Yes, the drive on the loop road is spectacular, but you'll want enough time to stop and enjoy things along the way like the National Museum of Wildlife Art,
lookouts and photo ops at Schwabacher's Landing,
Signal MountainT.A. Moulton Barnor Chapel of the Transfiguration. Stop for drinks or a meal at Jackson Lake LodgeJenny Lake Lodge or Dornan's Chuckwagon (first two are fancy, 2nd one not). Island Park and Cody are both close to Yellowstone, so take advantage and explore that park unless you've already done it (I would still do it again). Old Faithful Geyser and Inn are a must, but I'd also be sure to check out Grand Prismatic SpringWest Thumb Geyser Basin TrailHayden Valley

and Lamar Valley (to see bison and possibly other wildlife), and my favorite, Lower Falls of the Yellowstone
(especially Artist Point - it was closed when I was there, but has the best views of the falls and of Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.

1. National Museum of Wildlife Art (attraction)
  2. Schwabacher's Landing (attraction)
  3. Signal Mountain (attraction)
  4. T.A. Moulton Barn (attraction)
  5. Chapel of the Transfiguration (attraction)
  6. Jackson Lake Lodge (hotel)
  7. Jenny Lake Lodge (hotel)
  8. Dornan's Chuckwagon (restaurant)
  9. Old Faithful Geyser (amusement park)
  10. Grand Prismatic Spring (attraction)
  11. West Thumb Geyser Basin Trail (attraction)
  12. Hayden Valley (attraction)
  13. Lamar Valley (attraction)
  14. Lower Falls of the Yellowstone (attraction)
  15. Artist Point (attraction)
  16. Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone (attraction)