T

T asked

What route from Eugene to Yellowstone

If you were traveling by vanagon, and did not care for superhighways, steep passes and headwinds, which summer route would you take from Eugene, OR to Yellowstone?

Eugene (Oregon) Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)

I don't know about passes and headwinds, but avoiding super highways (by which I assume you mean interstates), you can go from Eugene to Yellowstone National Park on US 20 to Burns  then Oregon 78 to US 95 where you cross the border into Idaho.  Then Idaho 78 to Walters Ferry (Idaho) at Grand View Idaho switch to Idaho 167.  In Mountain Home (Idaho) take US 20 and US 26 to Idaho Falls and then up to West Yellowstone

T
Great, I was interested in some of those smaller roads. Hope they are as flat as the main one...

I looked at the route on Acme mapper and after you get through the mountains west of Eugene it didn't look too hilly.