Mike
Auckland

Yellowstone National Park, Portland, Seattle, Kamloops, Vancouver

Best circuit from Kamloops via Yellowstone to Vancouver

My wife and I are from New Zealand. In mid March we will be in Kamloops after 2 weeks skiing and will hire a rental for around 2 to 3 weeks to explore the North West USA. We have previously travelled extensively in British Columbia and Alberta so this trip is aimed more at the USA than Canada. We would like to get as far as Yellowstone and take in Portland and Seattle on the way back to Vancouver. What would be a suitable route at that time of year and what should we see along the way.

Michelle from Oregon
Weather can be a bit drizzly and cold that time of year in the NW. All the same, I would try to hit Glacier National Park on your way to Yellowstone. From there, you can get to Portland fairly quickly via I-84 (through Boise) which will take you through the Columbia River Gorge, which is a worthwhile drive with lots of waterfalls, especially along the Old Highway.

Jerry from Edmonton
I checked and the going to the sun road through Glacier national park is closed until June so I would go via Calgary to Great falls MT.  There check out the Lewis and Clark interpretive center.  Then onto Yellowstone, from there I would swing south to Salt Lake City and check out the Mormon Tabernacle, Park City olympic site and Sundance the location of the film festival.  Then cross the desert to Lake Taho/ Squaw Valley 1960 olympic site then west to the coast to travel through the Giant Red Wood forest to Portland.  Look for and stop at the roadside state tourist centers for information.
https://www.nps.gov/glac/planyourvisit/gtsrinfo.htm