Gemma-Kathleen
Sydney, Australia

Yangon

Best places to stay at in Yangon for cheap?

I will be in Yangon early march and I am looking for accommodation. Hostels are preferable however my fiancé and I have noticed that they are quite over priced compared to many we have stayed at in other country's. Can anyone suggest some good cheap accommodation?

Micky from Portland

Staying at Beautyland Hotel II right now. It is clean, great staff, great mohinga breakfast. Kind of run down but a/c is good. Booked through agoda- used several times on this trip and no problems. Also used travel agency - Ayuda Myanmar. www.ayudamyanmar.com   

1. Beautyland Hotel II (attraction)

Carole from Paris

Hello! We stayed at White House Hostel in Yangon for USD $22 per night for a double room on the first floor (good WiFi reception), no windows, clean shared bath, towels, a fan and buffet breakfast. Hostels in Burma are definitely overpriced compared to the rest of Southeast Asia. We enjoyed our stay at White House Hostel, the staff was helpful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean. We had a night bus and they kept our backpacks during the day and let us shower before leaving. It was also perfect location for us because the hotel is very close to the Indian Embassy where we had our visas done for India.

Other places recommended to us by travelers were: Mother Land Inn 2 and Hninn Si Budget Inn.

Hope it helps! Happy Travels!!xx

1. Mother Land Inn 2 (hotel)
  2. Hninn Si Budget Inn (attraction)