David
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Xi'an, China

Seeing the Terracotta Warriors

I'll be in Xi'an and I'll want to see the Terracotta Warriors of course. I'm a bit wary of organised trips because they all seem to be selling opportunities for various local factory outlets. 

So is it better to hire my own guide and arrange my own transport (taxi I presume)? And if I do, should I hire the  guide in Xi'an? Does anyone have any recommendations?

elle from China

You can go to Xi'an Railway Station and there is a sightseeing bus centre.You can take a bus to Terracotta Warriors Of Xi'an directly.The ticket price is under 10 yuan.When you arrive,you can find there are many local tour guide,the price is about 50 yuan?I'm not sure,maybe you can have a bargain.These site guide just make a tour presentation.So you do not have to worry about leading to buy outlets.If they recommend,you can also refuse~

1. Xi'an Railway Station (attraction)
  2. Terracotta Warriors Of Xi'an (attraction)

sherrie from China

It's better you have a local guide/friend and go to the place by bus. (Taxi takes too much when 2 hours way from Xi'an to your destination is needed)