Michael
Regensburg

World's best snowboarding location for non-professionals?

I'm looking for long and wide powder snow slopes surrounded by a beautiful landscape that are not only accessible by helicopter.

Elaina

Tahoe City for sure. Northstar is great and has a wide variety! But heavenly has those long long slopes!

1. Tahoe City (city)

Jahn from Barcelona

Hi Michael! 

Bleib doch in Europa! Stay in Europe please! 

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc is the most amazing place in the world with some of the longest runs available. I totally recommend to go skiing at Aiguille des Grands Montets... "The Face" is a descent you will never forget... Get a guide, if you want to have the full experience. They will show you a safe way down to the base.

For the hours when your legs hurt from snowboarding so hard, go to South Bar (83 Place Edmond Desailloud). It's been under Swedish management for a while, but I have the feeling the new English/French teamup rocks it, too!

Have fun riding the powder, Jahn

1. Chamonix-Mont-Blanc (city)
  2. Aiguille des Grands Montets (attraction)
  3. South Bar (attraction)

Natalia

Quite frankly any ski resort in Colorado fits the bill: try VailBeaver Creek, or Breckenridge to name a few.

1. Vail (city)
  2. Beaver Creek (city)
  3. Breckenridge (city)

ross from Chicago

1. Snowmass (city)

Lourdes from Miami

Hi Michael, I would check out the Tahoe City slopes in California. That's the place where I first saw snow and first learned to ski. They have slopes that range from beginner all the way to expert. It is also a beautiful place with gorgeous views of Lake Tahoe. Have fun and don't forget the chap tick! 

1. Tahoe City (city)
  2. Lake Tahoe (attraction)

Robert Glenn from Manhattan Beach

In the US, I would have to say Snowmass - unbelievable long runs thru tree glades and very interesting terrain. In Canada, Big White is pretty amazing and not as trafficked as US resorts.

1. Snowmass (city)
  2. Big White (city)

Ruth from Utah

Sundance, Utah

1. Sundance (attraction)