Wisconsin Dells

Best free things to do in Wisconsin Dells?

I'm going to be in Wisconsin Dells next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Jane

I live close to the Wisconsin Dells.  About 15 miles from the Dells is Devil's Lake State Park.  It is a great place for swimming, hiking along big rocks, and for having a picnic.  The following cost admission but are favorites of travelers: Noah's Ark, Wisconsin Ducks boat tour, and in Baraboo, about 10 miles away, the historical Circus World.  The museum has a big top show at least once a day.  Lots of great bike riding in the area if you are in the area on trails through the woods geared for bikers.  In Prairie du Sac there is Wollersheim Winery that is fun to tour. Have fun, this is a beautiful area, especially in the summer. 

1. Wisconsin Dells (city)
  2. Devil's Lake State Park (attraction)
  3. Noah's Ark (attraction)
  4. Circus World (attraction)
  5. Prairie du Sac (attraction)
  6. Wollersheim Winery (restaurant)