Wimbledon

Best free things to do in Wimbledon?

I'm going to be in Wimbledon next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Mark from Spalding

As Rachel has mentioned, the museums are a must (and free) plus you are on the right side of the city to explore however London is really easy to get around so getting right over to Greenwich on the other side is quick and cheap if you use the London Underground (The Tube) and grab yourself a Tourist Oyster Card (from any Tube Station).

Once you have your card then you can hop around the city and take in all the sights from Piccadilly Circus to Buckingham Palace (and Green Park) leading up to Hyde Park Corner.

Bring your walking shoes and an umbrella (just in case) and you will have a great (and cheap) time

1. Greenwich (attraction)
  2. Buckingham Palace (attraction)
  3. Hyde Park Corner (attraction)

Rachel from London

There's not a huge amount of free stuff around Wimbledon really - but if you are able to I'd definitely recommend going into the centre of London and visiting the museums there - Victoria & Albert Museum, Science Museum, Natural History Museum etc etc....

In Wimbledon when the weather is nice, I like to walk around the Common and stop at the Windmill Cafe for a nice coffee (especially when it's a bit cold!) Wimbledon villageĀ is much nicer than the centre of Wimbledon, although it is quite small, there are some lovely cafes and restaurants to spend your time in!

1. Wimbledon (city)
  2. Victoria & Albert Museum (attraction)
  3. Science Museum (attraction)
  4. Natural History Museum (attraction)
  5. Windmill Cafe (restaurant)