Zach

Where should I take a 10-day vacation?

Hey everyone! I'm planning to take a 10-day vacation around the end of November. Where should I go? I'm leaning towards Peru, but I'm open to other parts of South America, Carribean, and even the Mid-West United States. It needs to be a safe area, and I've already been to Medellin, but I'm open to other parts of Colombia.

Richard from Los Angeles

Three words:  Morocco Morocco Morocco

If you have 10 days, stick to the coast and have the time of your life.  Casablanca (1 1/2 days),travel south along the coast maybe staying somewhere before you end up at Essaouria (5 days).Kick back on the beach partying with the kite boarders.  Then, take a couple days to visit Marrakech (2 days) and back to Casablanca.  I would hire guides for each place, but make sure you get good ones.

Tip: eat with your right hand

1. Casablanca (city)
  2. Essaouria (city)
  3. Marrakech (city)

Corto

Kotorin Montenegroor Crete are my true recommendations :)

1. Kotor (city)
  2. Montenegro (country)
  3. Crete (island)

Oritha from Kingston (Jamaica)

You could try Jamaica. The tourist towns are mainly Ocho RiosMontego BayNegril,and some parts of st. Elizabeth. If you desire Relaxation mixed with fun and excitement you can try Kingston. Despite what you might hear Kingston is safe with a trusted guide.

1. Ocho Rios (attraction)
  2. Montego Bay (city)
  3. Negril (city)

BermudaWe all have our favorites.  Around Thanksgiving I have been very happy in

• Bermuda  Bermuda is very safe, but is also very expensive unless you go by cruise ship from NY.  You wouldn't be in Bermuda as long as 10 days and you would have to go round trip on the ship.  In November it would probably too cold for much beach activity.   Lots to do there
  • Barbados- Lots to do on the island, including a surfing competition held about that time
  • Virgin IslandsBritish and US - We chartered a sailboat which allowed us to visit many of the islands, snorkel and scuba dive.  We also visited the National Park on St. John.
  • Costa RicaSafe from the possibility of assault, but vulnerable in the theft area.  They have no military - just police.  Great for animal watching and sports like waterfall rappelling, white water rafting etc
  • Lima (Peru) is also a definite possibility I listed it as Lima because I can't get the map with just Peru - ends up in Vermont, but there's quite a lot to do in Peru outside of Lima.  It is their spring so the weather is quite pleasant in November.

1. Bermuda (country)
  2. Barbados (country)
  3. Virgin Islands (country)
  4. Costa Rica (country)
  5. Lima (Peru) (city)

Miriam from New Jersey

I usually don't go on vacation in November. Instead of the Mid West I would do 2 states out West. Arizona and New Mexico or part of California and Las Vegas. Peru (Indiana) would be nice but you might want to check out the rain & temps in Mexico. I love Mexico. If you stay at a resort and go out in a group you will be safe. 

1. Arizona (state)
  2. New Mexico (state)
  3. California (state)
  4. Las Vegas (city)
  5. Peru (Indiana) (city)
  6. Mexico (country)

Milena

If you´re looking for someplace safe to go on vacation and relax, I´d recommend Güney Tirol. In St. Leonhard in Passeier you wake up to a beautiful view of the mountains every morning. If you´re looking to wind down, you can enjoy their amazing spas. But there are also many mountain trails for active vacationers looking to explore.

1. Güney Tirol (metro area)
  2. St. Leonhard in Passeier (city)

Vincent

Granada (Nicaragua) is safe, beautiful and easy to get to.

1. Granada (Nicaragua) (city)

Assefa

1. Ethiopia (country)

Justin

Midwest United States road trip. Louisville, St. Louis, Kansas City (Missouri), ChicagoIndianapolis

1. Louisville (city)
  2. St. Louis (city)
  3. Kansas City (Missouri) (city)
  4. Chicago (city)
  5. Indianapolis (city)

rena from Los Angeles

ThailandSouth AfricajamaicaArgentina are all great options that time of year.

1. Thailand (country)
  2. South Africa (country)
  3. Argentina (country)
  4. jamaica (attraction)

Terry from Honaunau, Hawaii

South America is amazing! peruis an excellent choice!  Ruins, nature, wild life, jungles, culture, beautiful cathedrals, amazing foods, lots of history, wonderful people.   You will not regret this must visit country!

1. South America (continent)
  2. peru (attraction)

Diane from New York City

Great cheap cruises of Mediterranean that time of year 

Weather nice for sightseeing and the crowds are gone

Marie-France from Toronto

Here are some destination ideas (near and far) for November: http://bigtravelnut.com/where-to-travel-in-november-10-great-destination-ideas/

1. Ann Arbor (city)
  2. Frankenmuth (city)
  3. Mackinac Island (island)
  4. Traverse City (city)
  5. Kalamazoo (city)
  6. Chicago (city)
  7. Davenport (Iowa) (city)
  8. Black Hill Regional Park (attraction)
  9. Crazy Horse (attraction)
  10. Needles Hwy (attraction)
  11. Custer State Park Spur (attraction)
  12. Eagle Butte (city)
  13. Memphis (city)
  14. Tunica (city)
  15. Nashville (city)
  16. Hershey (city)

Janelle from Charleston

ArgentinaBuenos Aires is one of the world's great cities, and in 10 days you can spend 5 days in BA and the other 5 exploring other parts such as Mendoza, San Carlos de Bariloche, El Calafate, Ushuaia, Cordoba (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) or Colonia (Uguguay).

If it were me I'd spend 4 days in BA, a day and a night at an estancia outside BA, then 2 days in Cordoba and 2 in Montevideo.

Argentina and Uruguay are the 2 safest countries in South America, and in November (late spring) the weather will be warm but not unpleasantly hot. 

1. Argentina (country)
  2. Buenos Aires (city)
  3. Mendoza (attraction)
  4. San Carlos de Bariloche (city)
  5. El Calafate (city)
  6. Ushuaia (city)
  7. Cordoba (Argentina) (city)
  8. Montevideo (city)
  9. Colonia (Uguguay) (state)

Diep from Thuy Anh, Thái Bình, Vietnam

10 days vacation, you should  visit Vietnam from the north to the south. You can refer an itinerary Hanoi city tour – Hạ Long BayHueHoi AnHo Chi Minh Citymekong Delta. In Hanoi, You can book free tour to travel

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Hạ Long Bay (attraction)
  3. Hue (city)
  4. Hoi An (city)
  5. Ho Chi Minh City (city)

Hi Zach,

Would you consider Europe? In November prices are low, tourists have vanished and places like Venice  Florence Prague and Viennaare really beautiful in winter. You could fly into Milan or Bologna and take cheap flights or trains to the other destinations.

3. Prague (city)
  4. Vienna (city)