Julia

Where is the best place to do scuba diving in September?

I'm a pretty advanced diver and only like warm waters.  Any recs. would be appreciated!

Lisa from Wellington

I have a quick question for you:

"How far do you want to travel?"
-- Hehe. 

New Zealand's waters should be pretty warm in September. (Although not as warm as they are around Christmas/ New years!) 

I would recommend Wellington as one possible location. There's quite a few diving places around. Our waterfront has some great dive spots to 'swim' with dolphins, orca, stingrays... etc. (I have this on my list of things to do while I live here!) 

Another would be Fiji it's only about 5 hours flying from New Zealand, and quite cheap. 
Again, lots of diving spots and warm waters. *Warmer than NZ in my opinion.* I did some snorkelling and they ran reef trips for diving and photography underwater... was pretty sweet. Most of the tourist resorts offer diving.

Around Australia is also some nice diving locations - including the Great Barrier Reef area. (I don't know how open that is as a location, but I think they still do dive tours things there). 

Closer to the US: Maybe Hawaii I don't know the weather pattern there for September though. May not be so warm. - I'm not sure. 

There's a few ideas for you anyway. 
Hope that helps a little. :) 

Lisa.

1. Wellington (city)
  2. Fiji (country)
  3. Australia (country)
  4. Great Barrier Reef (region)
  5. Hawaii (state)

Lea from Ewing

I studied abroad in Fiji Fall of 2013 and I absolutely loved it! I would HIGHLY suggest Fiji for diving. I got dive certified at Mantaray Island Resort in the Yasawa Island and it was a truly magical experience! We did 6 dives to get certified and saw sea turtles, sharks, caves, and so much more. 

I personally did not get a chance to go, but Taveuni Island apparently has some of the best dive spots!

The culture in Fiji is unique and welcoming, be sure to check out a village and taki some kava! 

1. Mantaray Island Resort (hotel)
  2. Yasawa Island (city)
  3. Taveuni Island (island)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

I would recommend Fiji any time of year, but it just so happens that September is probably the best time to visit.  Some of the best diving in the world, with warm water, friendly people, and extreme beauty.  

1. Fiji (country)