Bill
Beechgrove,Tn

Where are the scariest bridges in the world?

What are the worlds scariest bridges that you have seen, been across, or heard of? Be sure to include pictures!

There’s a bridge in Huangshan Mountain called the The Bridge of Immortals right in the middle of two incredibly steep mountains that’s absolutely amazing. Definitely not for anyone who gets vertigo easily.

The Langkawi Sky Bridge in Malaysia is terrifying –so high you literally have to take a tram up there. It’s a footbridge so the view is incredible—there’s a glass walkway in it so you can literally look straight down.

1. Huangshan Mountain (attraction)
  2. The Bridge of Immortals (attraction)
  3. Langkawi Sky Bridge (attraction)
  4. Malaysia (country)

This one in Osaka looks a little tricky! I would want my handbrake working in my car! 

1. Osaka (city)

If you're afraid of heights, the Viaduc de Millau is very scary. I love it. It's architecturally beautiful and there is a view point on one end so you can pull over and see it.

1. Viaduc de Millau (attraction)

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Bill,

I've only been on 1 bridge I thought was pretty scary and that's the Kakum National Park Canopy Walk at Kakum National Park in Ghana. It swings when you walk on it and it just doesn't feel very sturdy. Plus, you can see thousands of feet below you into trees and bushes so that mental image isn't great haha. It is definitely a beautiful walk, I believe it's 7 bridges that allow you to loop back around. I would definitely do it again and tell everyone else they have to do it as well. 

One bridge that I haven't been on and one that looks even scarier than the one in Ghana is the Hussaini Bridge in Pakistan. Apparently people cross it all the time. 

Sorry I don't have pictures but I will link the google images page

Canopy walk : 

Hussaini bridge: 

1. Kakum National Park Canopy Walk (attraction)
  2. Kakum National Park (attraction)
  3. Hussaini Bridge (attraction)
  4. Pakistan (country)

Johnny from Las Vegas

My three favorites so far are the Coronado Bridge in San Diegothe Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver, Canada and the new bridge over Hoover Dam that runs 900ft. above the Colorado River.

1. San Diego (city)
  2. Capilano Suspension Bridge (attraction)
  3. Hoover Dam (attraction)

The Rio Grande Gorge Bridge scared the you know what out of me.  Had terrible vertigo, just could not take in the depth of the canyon.  Felt so off-balance, I nearly got down on my hands and knees to walk back!

1. Rio Grande Gorge Bridge (attraction)

Howie from Paterson, New Jersey

This will, of course, vary from one person to another, but seeing Golden Gate Bridge on tv, and crossing it in person, that's two VERY different things! When Dad was driving across it, I looked over the side of the bridge, from the car window, and it looked like the water was a mile straight down! It was plenty high enough to scare me! I don't like heights! It's a very beautiful suspension bridge though! Try watching an episode of Charmed, when people are standing on one of the towers that holds the cables! WOW! So scary looking, to me!

1. Golden Gate Bridge (attraction)