Courtney

Where are the best food trucks in the world?

So, some friends and I have changed our wine night from Wednesdays to Thursdays so we can catch this amazing lobster food truck that parks right outside the wine bar on Thursdays. 

Got me thinking--what are the best food trucks you've ever tried? Don't care what kind of food it is--if it's on wheels, I'm curious!!! 

Brian from Portland

Chairman Bao & Curry Up Now Trucks in San Francisco are definitely two of the best I've had. 

1. Chairman Bao (restaurant)
  2. Curry Up Now (attraction)
  3. San Francisco (city)

Don from Austin (Texas)

I'm in the industry and travel all over enjoying food for my job. Austin is simply the best (full disclosure- I also live there). No other city that I've been to has embraced the food truck idea like Austin did early on and it shows. 

You may also love the music and the people!

1. Austin (city)

Spencer from Los Angeles

I just returned from a week in Austin and their food truck scene is going off. As someone else mentioned, Torchy's Tacos is amazing. Also really good is The Peached Tortilla.

In L.A., I'm obsessed with anything Roy Choi does, so Kogi BBQ.

In San Francisco I loved Chairman Bao and Sam's Chowder House, which had a mobile truck.

In Seattle, it's hands down Marination Station, which now has some brick and mortar stores, but I also loved Seattle Biscuit Company.

In NYC, Wafels & Dinges.

1. Austin (city)
  2. Torchy's Tacos (restaurant)
  3. The Peached Tortilla (restaurant)
  4. Kogi BBQ (restaurant)
  5. Chairman Bao (restaurant)
  6. Sam's Chowder House (restaurant)
  7. Marination Station (attraction)
  8. Wafels & Dinges (restaurant)

Matt from Orondo, Washington

First place: Torchy's Tacos in Austin TX.  

Second place: Any other food truck in Austin TX...

1. Torchy's Tacos (restaurant)

Lauren from Chicago

The Truffle Fries from the The Fat Shallot truck in Chicago are definitely one of my favorites!

1. The Fat Shallot (restaurant)

Roe from Philadelphia

I just came back from Portland, Oregon or land of the foodies. They technically don't have food trucks, rather food carts. But the selection is endless and quite diverse. You should give it a try. Good luck! :-)

1. Portland (city)

Candace from Albany (Oregon)

Bend, Oregon has a place called The Lot with a bunch of great food trucks and one with tons of local beers on tap. There is a nice covered seating area in the middle.

1. Bend (city)
  2. The Lot (restaurant)

Jane

Did you know Hawaii has some great food trucks?  On O'ahu head to the north shore, grab some food, and watch the surfers.  And coming up on August 15, 2015 there will be the Great Hawaiian Food Truck Festival.  Some of the best shrimp I ever had was from a food truck.  And if on Kaua'i, be sure to try out some of their plate lunches. 

http://hawaiitravelpro.com/

1. Hawaii (state)
  2. O'ahu (island)
  3. Kaua'i (island)

You can't think "foodtruck" without thinking of Portland. There's an entire city block lined and spilling over with trucks near Powell's City of Books at 10th and Alder. The selection is incredible. Go hungry and try things from several trucks.

There are several websites that list others, but this one has a map. http://www.foodcartsportland.com/

Oklahoma City is actually developing a great food truck scene with many evening events at the Boathouse District and in Automobile Alley featuring local foodtrucks. Big Truck Tacos is a popular one, but they also have a shop on 23rd.

1. Portland (city)
  2. Powell's City of Books (attraction)
  3. Oklahoma City (city)
  4. Boathouse District (attraction)
  5. Automobile Alley (neighborhood)
  6. Big Truck Tacos (restaurant)