varun
India

When is the best time to travel in one's life?

I am 25 year old. I am currently in a situation where I am unable to decide between two things: one is to travel, and the second is to start working full time and delay my plan of traveling the world to an unknown date in future. Any interesting stories and advice one has would be highly appreciated. 

Jillian from Los Angeles

The best piece of advice I can offer is: go now. Especially if you are thinking about travel...just go now. Go and gain the life experience of new cultures and people that can open your world and shape who you are and what you really want to do in this life. Go get perspective. Speaking from experience, it's a lot harder to leave an established career. Before you build a life for yourself and take on greater responsibilities like jobs, relationships, mortgages, etc. just GO! You will not regret it. 

Scott from Fort Collins

It's always a good time to travel!  :) I have several suggestions. 1. Look for work that allows you to travel.  Not a lot of people are willing to be gone and away from their home and creature comforts.  This not only allows you to see places while getting paid, but you are accruing hotel points and airline miles in the process.  2. Work in seasonal jobs that allow the flexibility to work for a while and then travel for a while.  3. If you can't decide, I can give you advice from someone like myself who is a pragmatic dreamer, if there is such a thing.  Bite the bullet for a few years and work really hard at the best job you can find.  Network to the best of your ability.  I probably missed a few things when some of my friends were backpacking around Europe after college, but I did what I thought was the prudent thing to do and, for me, it was the best decision I ever made.