Victor

What's your #1 spot for going for a beach holiday?

Just wondering what are the best beaches that you have been to!

Morro de Sao Paulo is  my favorite beach on the planet.Praia da Pipa is also very nice though.I much prefer brazilian beaches to any other on the planet but should I pick other placres then I also like Puerto EscondidoCuyo Island and Patara Beach

1. Morro de Sao Paulo (city)
  2. Praia da Pipa (city)
  3. Puerto Escondido (city)
  4. Cuyo Island (attraction)
  5. Patara Beach (attraction)

Scott from Fort Collins

Definitely Maldives.  I wish I could go often.  Conrad Maldives Rangali Island with the coral atoll breaking up all the waves, was like having your own 200 acre salt water swimming pool.  Great beaches, fantastic weather, and great food.  A true "break from it all."  

1. Maldives (country)
  2. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (hotel)

Kate from Ohio

Akumal Lovely beach in South Akumal.  It is lined with 1 7 unit condo complex and some vacation homes.  Great snorkeling right off shore.  There are times when you have the beach to yourself.

Saint Pete Beach Sorry I picked 2.  I have been going here since I was 14.  Love the sunsets and the powdery white sand.

1. Akumal (city)
  2. Saint Pete Beach (city)

Nilufer from Istanbul

For me it is Majorca! Mallorca has many things to offer.... a beautiful island, clear blue water, lots of fun, both family friendly and couple friendly place, sometimes young, sometimes wild, sometimes calm...I like to have a summer house in Mallorca. For more, you can check our Mallorca journey here..

http://www.mapkini.com/2014/07/palma-de-mallorca.html

1. Majorca (island)

Pamela from New Canaan, Connecticut

In a fortuitous change of events (the resort where I was staying lost their water supply, and when they started taking buckets of water out of the pool for the toilets, I knew it was time to go), I ended up at the most amazing resort in the Dominican Republic called Eden Roc at Cap Cana in Punta Cana.  Everything about this resort is so perfect (gorgeously designed by a well-known Italian designer, villa with private pool and golf carts to spectacular private beach, fabulous restaurant, the best service I've ever had anywhere in the world...well, you get the picture) that there will never, ever, be another beach resort that lives up to its wonderfulness.

I have been well and truly spoiled.

1. Dominican Republic (country)
  2. Punta Cana (region)
  3. Eden Roc at Cap Cana (hotel)

Andy from San Francisco

I just came back from a friend's wedding on Boracay Island and I had an absolute blast. The island offers pretty much anything you'd want to do, and everything costs about half of what you would expect. 

Getting there:

Fly from Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila to Caticlan, which takes about 45 minutes. From Caticlan airport, you will take a tricycle, then a short (~20 min) boat ride to Boracay island. 

The stations:

The island is split into 3 sections, Stations 1, 2, and 3. Each station has a different flavor, and one of them should suit your taste. The station numbers refer to old boat stations that are no longer being used. 

Station1: 

Station 1 is the high end part of the island. The beaches here are the whitest, the sand is the finest, and the resorts here are the most expensive.

The hotels here range from $60/night to well over $400/night. This is the area of the island you stay at if you want to be pampered. Below is a picture of Discovery Shores Boracay, where the wedding was held. 

I personally stayed at Boracay Coco Huts at the edge of Station 1. My room was about $60/night and I was right above Army Navy, which is a great burgers/burrito place. 

Station 2:

This is the party section of the island. The beaches are still very nice but likely to be very crowded. There are also lots of vendors here peddling massages, water activities, and selfie sticks. Here you'll find the widest variety of restaurants, bars, and clubs. D'mall de Boracay is also in Station 2, and is where you'd likely go to do your beach front shopping. 

You'll most likely spend your late evenings in Station 2. A couple of popular clubs are Summer Place and Juice. Both have DJ's spinning a combination of electronic and pop music. Hip hop is not as popular, but they will play it if requested. 

Station 3:

This is the more up and coming section of the island. This used to be where the small huts and bamboo hostels were concentrated. But in recent years many hotels have been built here and it's become a lot nicer but also more expensive. The beaches here aren't as nice, but they are also not crowded and you can have a relaxing time without spending a lot of money. You can probably get a nice room here for around $20. 

Last week I was at Hey Jude Resort Hotel where I got an hour long massage for $8. 

Conclusion:

Boracay is probably my favorite island getaway because it offers pretty much anything I want in one place. I can relax and be treated like a king in Station 1. I can drink and party in Station 2. And I can stay in a quiet hotel in Station 3. And all of this is about an hour away from Manila. 

If you have any questions about Boracay, feel free to reach out to me!

1. Boracay Island (island)
  2. Ninoy Aquino International Airport (attraction)
  3. Caticlan (neighborhood)
  4. Discovery Shores Boracay (hotel)
  5. Boracay Coco Huts (attraction)
  6. Army Navy (restaurant)
  7. D'mall de Boracay (attraction)
  8. Summer Place (restaurant)
  9. Juice (attraction)
  10. Hey Jude Resort Hotel (hotel)

Daisy from Atlanta

1. Bahia Honda State Park (attraction)

Claire from Fort Worth, Texas

Cozumel   Have been there twice and loved it.    Sweet little downtown with lots of restaurants;  tons of resort hotels if that is what you like, small boutique hotels and  B&Bs,  The thing about Cozumel though is the snorkeling and diving.  The second largest reef in the world is there and there are abundant dive shops.  

We stayed for a week at Alicia's Bed and Breakfast in the middle of town and used cabs to get around.  We rented a car the last 3 days and drove to the east beaches which was like having your own private place.  Alicia's is a wonderful B & B  complete with dogs to pet.   Well run, impeccably clean with fabulous breakfasts. 

The best thing about Cozumel is being able to drive up to a beach club and jump in the water and snorkel as long as you want.  We found a couple of places where you can just pull off the side of the road and step right in to the water.  

1. Cozumel (island)
  2. Alicia's Bed and Breakfast (hotel)

Emily from Austin (Texas)

Palm Island Resort in St Vincent and the Grenadines is a lovely getaway. We loved our time there - amazing food, great snorkeling, beautiful beaches, kind staff, and incredible trips to the Tobago Cays. 

1. Palm Island Resort (hotel)
  2. St Vincent and the Grenadines (city)

Filip from Lazne Bohdanec

Praia do Sancho without doubt, amazing beach on amazing island. Plus Lopes Mendes and other beaches at Ilha Grande - all of this in Brazil. And there is much more when it comes to beaches there.

1. Praia do Sancho (attraction)
  2. Lopes Mendes (attraction)
  3. Ilha Grande (city)

Amanda

Guanacaste, Costa Rica!!!

1. Guanacaste (region)

Josh from Baton Rouge

I really love Rosemary Beach.  My family has a place there. But my favorite "get away from it all" beach is St John's.

1. Rosemary Beach (attraction)
  2. St John's (city)

Ruth from Broome

The best Beach in the World is Cable Beach Broome, Western Australia

1. Cable Beach (city)

Elaine from Norfolk

Anguilla... a small island off the coast of St. Martin... the most gorgeous soft white sand beaches anywhere !!!  Clear aqua water !! Any of the beaches would be great esp. north Shoal Bay.

1. Anguilla (country)

Marnie from Conflans-sur-Anille

Definitely Jijoca de JericoacoaraJericocoara in Northern Brazil . The Chili Beach hotel.

1. Jijoca de Jericoacoara (city)

Kax from Barcelona

I'm going to have to recommend all of the beaches here in the Philippines. 

While a lot of people might say Boracay Island, I'm gonna go with beaches in Palawan

1. Boracay Island (island)
  2. Palawan (city)

Without a doubt, the Maldives-however that can be a bit difficult to get to and rather expensive.  I'm massively partial to Sanibel.  The beaches are lined with tons of shells, the island itself is still low-key, buildings can't be higher than the tree line (no high rises!), no more new buildings can be built (you must buy an existing and tear down if you want your own), and the whole island has bike paths.  It's just a throw back to me!

1. Maldives (country)
  2. Sanibel (city)