varun
India

What stops you from traveling?

What is the biggest excuse you give to yourself to delay your travel plans even when you know you can't stop thinking about traveling to new places?

Ross from Fort Collins

Money!!! 

I think everyone will agree with me!

http://wanderingross.com/

Marina from Riga, Latvia

I could agree with everyone here, but I also think that we're free to shape our lifestyles as we want to. I am biased because I am a digital nomad for the last 5 years and I've been listening to people telling me all sorts of excuses about why they can't do it. Being able to travel all the time is a hard work, and such hard work and living constantly on the outside of your comfort zone may not be for everyone. And I respect their decision. I do feel though that we're constantly underestimating the opportunities and constantly overestimating the obstacles. That's my 5 cents on the topic ;) Happy travels!

Tracy

How's this for an answer: travel stops me from traveling. For the past two years, I've had a job which is 100% travel. Two weeks ago I had a long weekend planned in a new city between work and more work the next week. I blew it off (as in 'did not even get on the plane and instead drove home') so that I could be HOME for two days that month. 

Just a something to think about for those of you who think it would be cool to have a job that requires travel. Be careful what you wish for, indeed! 

Work!  Limited number of vacation days totally crimps my style!

Scott from Fort Collins

Mostly work constraints. Have to work, or no/limited travel. I'm fortunate that my work is seasonal, so I work my tail off for 6ish months and the rest of time is free for me. It makes if easy to do this when I know the next adventure isn't too far away.

Kate from Ohio

Money, vacation time and someone to go with.

Maureen from Waldorf

Money!

I started traveling 26 years ago and these days I keep going 365 days a year and work along the road as a tour leader and travel consultant.

See no reason to stop so I have no excuses to give myself.

Stephen "Sven" from Florida

Can't get away from work, do not have enough money saved, don't want to travel alone right now, Don't like to fly coach and that is all I have the money for.

Money and time!

It's really easy to eat up 3 weeks of holiday.

Stuart from Redondo Beach

Dinero plata money cash!

Pamela from New Canaan, Connecticut

$$$$!