Jacob

What beach is the best for a family with young kids

We are looking for a beach that is not only fun for kids but fun for adults.  We will be traveling with my Brother, his wife and two kids, my parents in their 50's, my wife and my two kids ages 6 and 8.  looking for a place that have entertainment options for all.  

Courtney from San Diego

Hi Jacob,

This might come as a surprise of an answer but I'm going to have to vote for Daytona Beach Shores Despite its former "spring break college party town" reputation the place has A LOT to offer families.
You can stay oceanfront along the Atlantic for reasonable fares. We really like the Hawaiian Inn Beach Resort because it's modest and the staff is more than accommodating. It has a great miniature golf course on-site and a cool Hawaiian themed dinner show for families. 
Walking distance is the Daytona Beach Boardwalk which is great for all the generations. Even if nobody has a serious need for speed, the Daytona 500 Experience speedway is a must-see for the whole family. The Museum of Arts & Sciences is very underrated and well worth a half day visit. 
If you can get the parents to watch the kids for a night, you should take your wife downtown for some of the amazing nightlife in the area. The Boot Hill Saloon is pretty legendary if you want some biker culture. If you want to stay up late and dance, check out Razzle's nightclub. 

Anyway, hope that helps! 

1. Daytona Beach Shores (attraction)
  2. Daytona Beach Boardwalk (attraction)
  3. Daytona 500 Experience (attraction)
  4. Museum of Arts & Sciences (attraction)
  5. Razzle's (attraction)