Stephanie
Camarillo

What are your thoughts on Air New Zealand?

Has anyone traveled with Air Newzealand on an international flight? I'm deciding between them and Noweigan Air from LAX to London because I found flights that are around the same price for a basic economy ticket.

Philipp

ANZ are amazing. Flew them LA to Auckland. The meal service was wonderful. The have a flight map on the seatback screen showing you exactly what's happening when with regards to meal service and general cabin lighting- pretty cool. The inflight entertainment started the minute I sat down and lasted until I landing. They have really neat designs in their lavatories Which are also super clean..they must be cleaning them inflight..

Alex from London

Hi Stephanie,

I flew Air NZ years ago and they were quite good, they had on-demand food ordering and usb + power in my seat.

However, you might want to check if Norwegian gives you free wifi access for the flight, they do in Europe so this may be an added perk ;)

Another good way to decide is to figure out what aircraft the flight will be on.  Larger aircrafts often have more comfy seats and entertainment (the info should appear in the booking site).

Airlinetrends.com is a good site to search for specific perks that each airline provides.

Seems you are choosing between two great carriers so I am sure you will do well regardless :)

UPDATE:
I asked a friend who does the LAX - LHR route on a regular basis and he said he has flown both airlines and would recommend Air NZ hands down. As many others have noted, Norwegian does charge for every 'extra' while, apparently, Air NZ (quote) the most comfy economy seats, the best meal service and awesome ents (end quote ;)

Jo

Hi Stephanie,

I have flown AirNZ from NZ to LA, London and return more times than I can count and 99% of those flights have been great. I always sit near the back as I book the seat when I book the flight and like the seats that have more room. It is cooler back there but I plan for that! 

The safety videos are always fun and the food is good.....also the wine. NZ produces very good wines.....world class and they serve them always.

Now I am a Kiwi so guess I'm a bit biased😊

I have never flown Norwegian but I read some reviews for them and they sounded good. 

Another thing....AirNZ has a huge selection of movies, TV shows radio etc. I see films flying beofre they are in the theaters sometimes. That's is a plus on a 12 hour flight! 

Jo Auckland

1. Auckland (city)

Rodger

Traveled to SF return from Brisbane Australia 2 years ago and had great flights with greatservice and meals

Rylee from California

Hi Stephanie I flew norweign air to london in November and it was ok. But you had to pay for everythin, seat , bags and even the food. The flight itself was cheap but once you add everythin on it was another $200. I flew with air New Zealand from australia to NZ it was one of my best flights I ve had. if you can get air New Zealand for a good price I would definitly fly with them.

Gordon from Baltimore

I have been flying the airline regularly in premium economy over the past 6 years from LAX to Auckland and Australia and it is fabulous. The seating comfort, friendly and accommodating staff, and excellent food and wine make this airline one of the world's best. Also the in flight entertainment system is as good as it gets. Strongly recommended!

Sue from Yorba Linda

ANZ is a great airline... wonderful meal sevice. Very attentive flight attendants and well appointed planes. I'd fly ANZ again in a heartbeat.

Definitely Air New Zealand. Norwegian Air Shuttle is decent, but they charge you for things like meals and other extras. That's all included on Air New Zealand ... plus it has a really good reputation for service. I've only flown them for domestic flights in New Zealand, but they were great. I've been on Norwegian flights around the Nordic countries ... they were friendly and efficient, but charged you for everything to make up for the low price.

Lynn

I really like Air New Zealand... and if you can upgrade to Premium Economy, that is just wonderful!!  Made the flight so much more comfortable & enjoyable.