What are the best cities to travel to around the world with an infant?

My husband and I love to travel and are thinking of taking a few upcoming trips with our baby. Looking to travel quite a bit with him in his first year. Would love all recommendations!

David from San Francisco

I recently traveled to France with my then 8-month old son, and I can tell you that the treatment my family received was stellar.  I truly believe we were given extra attention everywhere we went because of our baby.  Even in Paris, all restaurants seem to go out of their way to ensure our child was taken care of.  At a restaurant called La Fresque when our baby started to cry and fuss, the waiter went out of his way to provide us with a location to feed and comfort our son, and even packed our dinner to go (a VERY uncommon service in French sit-downs).  We were also well-treated in the Provence region (especially Aix-en-Provence).

1. France (country)
  3. La Fresque (restaurant)
  4. Aix-en-Provence (city)

Nan from Perth, Western Australia

Kyoto is stunning. Two of my close friends with young kids just went there and they both really liked it and said it was kids friendly as it is a lot slower pace say compared to Tokyo but it is absolutely beautiful. 

1. Kyoto (city)

Hi Katie,

In Italy children (bambini) are welcome everywhere. Even in the best restaurants there is usually a basket of toys or colouring books and a stash of lollipops! Babyfood is heated promptly and it is easy to get decent child-sized portions of adult food. Staff fuss over any visiting child and, in general, the country is laid-back and easygoing. Travelling on public transport (especially by train) is a breeze with a child. Any city in Italy is do-able with an infant, so take your pick! My favourites are Rome Bergamo Bologna Florence Ostuni Lucca  Parma and Siena

1. Italy (country)
  3. Bergamo (city)
  4. Bologna (city)
  6. Ostuni (city)
  7. Lucca (city)
  8. Parma (city)
  9. Siena (city)

Sarah from Alicante

Spain is really child friendly. You can take your children to the galleries and museums as well as most bars and restaurants.

The best cities to visit are Barcelona for its quirky architecture, art and beaches, Madrid for art and impressive buildings, Granada for the amazing Alhambra and mountains, Cordoba (Spain)Valencia and Alicante which is a much smaller city with a beach. The trains are fast and fairly cheap so it is easy to get around. Hope you choose Spain and have a great time.

1. Barcelona (city)
  2. Madrid (city)
  3. Granada (city)
  4. Cordoba (Spain) (city)
  5. Valencia (city)
  6. Alicante (city)

Keyoungduck from Insadong

2013-2015, we(me&wife) went travel all around the world with 11years old my daughter. 

most of all the "CITY" is good for baby & infant.

I think you could feel comfort with some kind of Insurance... 

Dont worry too much. you can enjoy

Alex from Yorba Linda

All three Swedish cities that we visited with out 2.5-year-old son (StockholmGothenburgMalmo) proved to be infant-friendly for travelers. As in:

• they all supported some modes of public transportation that allowed on-board strollers and had space for all those endless extra bags you end up taking with you when traveling with infant
  • major city centers usually contained large parks with developed playgrounds
  • public restrooms were family-friendly and accessible
  • restaurants usually had no trouble coming up with kids' menu or just making something suitable off the menu

1. Stockholm (city)
  2. Gothenburg (city)
  3. Malmo (city)

murugan from Kanchipuram

1. Singapore (country)
  3. Amsterdam (city)