• Kellett Burns
  • "What are 3 things traveling has taught you?"

Kellett Burns

Los Angeles, California

What are 3 things traveling has taught you?

I'd love to hear your input of what traveling has taught you, how it's changed you or what you've discovered from embarking on your journey.

• Krista Gray

This is such a good question, and it's awesome to ponder and reflect on the impact of seeing new things/having new experiences. My three things below:

1. How to be 'scrappy'. Whether it was moving across the country to start over in a place that was regionally very different (New Hampshire to California) to spending time abroad and not speaking the native language, I found ways to utilize the experience, knowledge, and most basic skills I *did* have to make the most of each new experience.

2. To trust myself (+ newfound confidence!). Theres something to be said for the confidence that comes from pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, and travel forces you to do this. I no longer feel contained to a small town life, or the US for that matter. I truly feel like I can go anywhere, do anything, and make it work! So freeing.

3. To ask for help. Travel has a way of presenting situations that require asking for help, something I have always struggled with. From small things like catching a cab & asking for directions to big things like rentals, jobs, etc., learning how to simply ask for help (and sometimes trusting/relying on someone else!) has been invaluable for me.

Looking forward to reading what others have taken from travel. Following this Q!

• ·
    • ·

Send Krista a Thank You Note