Vishesh Vikram
New Delhi

Western Europe, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands

Good music festivals in July 2014 in Germany and near-by countries?

I want to visit a good music festival while my visit to Germany and surrounding countries in summer 2014, i.e. month of July and August starting week.
All genre of music.

JR from Manhattan Beach

I was in Copenhagen last year for Jazzfest. It was a great way to see the city. There was live music in almost every one of the beautiful public places through out the city. I highly recommend. it's in July and this summer it is July 4-13th. 

1. Copenhagen (city)

frieso from Brussels

Belgium has some great festivals. Rock Werchter, Pukkelpop and Tomorrowland are best known, but every weekend several towns have their own festival.

I recommend Couleur Café Brussels, Dour Festival Dour, Cactusfestival Bruges, Gentse Feesten Ghent and Esperanzah! Floreffe.

There are many more and I can give you a few more tips based on your taste in music if you want.

1. Brussels (city)
  2. Bruges (city)
  3. Ghent (city)
  4. Dour (attraction)
  5. Floreffe (attraction)

Elisabeth from New York City

The Wireless Music Festival takes place during the first week of July -- it takes place in London  but has a mix of artists and music across R&B, pop, & dance. It's actually hosted in Finsbury Park this year.

2. Finsbury Park (attraction)

My favorite music festival is in June, sadly, but if you go back in June, check out PinkPop! It's amazing.

http://www.pinkpop.nl/2014/

Michael from San Francisco

1. Copenhagen (city)
  2. Hamburg (attraction)

Mike from Wisconsin

If you're into EDM and house music, look into Tomorrowland! It's the best EDM festival in the world. It is in Belgium, and it runs the last few weekends in July.

1. Belgium (country)

Bogdan