West Chester (Pennsylvania)

What's the best neighborhood in West Chester (Pennsylvania) for a first time visitor?

I've never been to West Chester (Pennsylvania) and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what West Chester (Pennsylvania) is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Justin

I travel frequently for work to West Chester (Pennsylvania) and the best place to stay is the Hotel Warner downtown... You will be in walking distance to the college and a ton of bars and restaurants. The Hotel Warner is an old converted Movie Theater, so it has that going for it as well. Good luck!

1. West Chester (Pennsylvania) (city)
  2. Hotel Warner (hotel)

Emily from Otavalo, Ecuador

The place with the most centralized location would be the Hotel Warner. I don't know how much you are wanting to spend, but this may be on the more expensive side, however its the closest to everything in town so you can walk to all the bars and restaurants and not have to worry about driving and having a DD.  Close to West Chester University on the south end of town is Faunbrook Bed and Breakfast. It's not all that close to the center of town and is also a little on the expensive side. The cheaper options are a little outside of the main town. The Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester and the Days Hotel West Chester- Brandywine Valley are both really affordable options, but you would have to drive to get into the center of town. 

Debbie from Colwyn, Pennsylvania

There is a little boutique hotel in the heart of West Chester, walking distance to all the restaurants & bars.  It is called Hotel WarnerTeca is a good place to eat, but my favorite is a couple of blocks from the heart of West Chester.  It is called High Street Caffe - Cajun food.  Downtown West Chester has good eateries and bars.

1. Hotel Warner (hotel)
  2. Teca (restaurant)
  3. High Street Caffe (restaurant)